Any render Farm Recommendation?

Hey, guys. since there are so many render farms available on the market.
I really would like some suggestion and tips when choosing a render farm, is there any trap or things that I need to know?
which one is good for small projects?
which one is stable?
which one is fast?
which one is cost-efficient?
which one is user-friendly?
Any tips or suggestions would be great!
Hope this also saves others a lot of time!

Hi there. I believe we check all your marks: good for projects any size, very stable, with both very fast and very cost-efficient plans. Our current interface is clear and intuitive, and the new one (currently in beta) is even better :slight_smile:

We have been rendering for the Blender community for quite a while, and people can vouch for us. We are offering full support for all Blender features. We are also the only ones at the moment offering a monthly plan, and the only ones offering Eevee support on our farm.

Go check out our service!

2 Likes

I can only agree… http://www.render.st is the best option for Blender Users. I have just subscribed 2 days ago and they are nothing short of awesome. I render entire animation-clips over night each within the 250 frames mark for $50 a month, you can not go wrong here.

I run a rack of 4 HP servers (they are old and crappy and cost much more in electricity bills than using RenderStreet’s subscription plan), and I have always ****ing hated render services, due to the costs per frame compared to having my own set of servers taking over.

I don’t even know how they do this (Own Solar Power Plant in Africa?)… seriously… when I have 3 of my HP DL380’s running each using 280W/h on average over the month, the outcome is about $250 in electricity costs (and that is already cheap)… that is a saving of $200 (!)

…even full support for the latest 2.79.7 nightly build… the frames render “exactly” the way they render on my machines.

message me if you don’t believe it, I’ll gladly tell you my configuration.

1 Like

I used blendergrid many times and no issues. Prices are reasonable and support is well.

1 Like

renderstreet had a really intuitive experience and just the right amount of gui/complexity so you could tweak a few things without being overwhelmed. and (this was a few years back) they had a free trial of like $20.

1 Like

Rendersteet is awesome, never tried another one but I don’t think I will.

1 Like

Hey @Bao_Richard, I’ve been putting together a comparison of different render farms that you might be interested in here:

I only look at price and performance but hopefully it gives you something to go off. Here’s the current results (check the thread for the most up to date version):

The higher the effective frequency the better and the lower the price the better.

From trying all these render farms I’d say go Render Street or Garage Farm if you want the lowest price. Both are easy to use in my opinion, garage farm can be faster but it depends how busy they are. There’s also Super Renders who are in the same region in terms of price to performance but they are quite new and were missing a few features when I tried them.

If you just want your scenes rendered as fast as possible GridMarkets is the fastest farm I’ve seen yet. They also have the best add-on! (I might be biased on that last part since I developed their add-on for them :sweat_smile: but I like to think its true.)

2 Likes

I can also vouch for Renderstreet as a great option, especially for Eevee animations, I haven’t found any other render farms that can process those. Recently I have also used cloud pc’s for rendering (Paperspace or Shadow) which are great because they give you complete control and you can even edit heavy scenes directly on them.

1 Like

Hey, I suggest you to take a look as this project here: http://bitwrk.net/. It’s a marketplace for CGI Artists to buy and sell idle computing power from their local render farms, as well as from other sources like PC Gamers and even Google Cloud. Currently that is no cost as they are more interested on having people using it and giving feedback.
They support Blender 2.8x and are about to launch a new version of it.
Despite some minor challenges, it’s worth giving a try as the guy, a German engineer, has ties with the community and he has been doing it in an open source way since 2013 in his own spare time. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi
I can offer my GPU hardware for your renderings. I have some computers with NVIDIA GTX1080, 1080Ti and 2080Ti. For example, test scene “fishy cat” (100 frames) can be rendered for 7,5 USD and it could take 1-2 hours if you are in rush.

Please contact me for details: [email protected]

Hi Bao. You probably choose your favorite render farm. But if you have some time and want to try a new one, you can visit 3S Cloud Render Farm https://3sfarm.io/. We just launched recently and your requirements for an ideal render farm will be found here :smiley:
Just take a visit and give us a try, and tell us how your render experience is on our farm. We truly care about that

Have you done any analysis on the prices at Foxrender? I know some studios who used them and were happy with the results, but I’m not sure how that falls into smaller indie or personal budgets.