Any way to ease the tendium of rigging?

Today I’ve managed to get halfway finished on a facial rig on a character, and I wonder, is there anyway of automating some of these tasks?

I’m hardly even talking about the treacherous shapekeys, where any edit on the main mesh can corrupt all shapekeys.(Making it so you have to set up a separate face rig for each mesh, even worse when the vertex count is slightly different) But things like setting up the drivers or even adding the extra face bones to a rigify rig.

I’ve looked around, and the script on algorith’s lair to shift the shapekeys from one mesh to the other (without the vertex difference issue) is broken, and the rigify bone face addon is broken as well. Are there any other solutions?

One way is by using a Deformer Rigg that you use to set deformation for the mesh… then a seperate Rigg that is your Final Rigg… containing certain bones with the same names as your origonal Deformer Rigg… then all that needs to happen is a name change in the Armature modifier from your Deformer Rigg to your Final Rigg… and everything should still work… because Blender is using the ‘bone name’ connected to the vertex group of the same name… This way you never have to bother with turning off ‘Deform’ for bones that will not be used to deform…

hope I’m making what I’m saying clear…