Any way to increase the width of driver properties window in Blender 2.8?

I have not been able to find a way to increase the width of the ‘Driver Properties’ popup window in Blender 2.8.

The mouse cursor displays the ‘resize’ icon, but clicking and dragging on the edge of the window doesn’t do anything.

This make it impossible to read the truncated warning text in the window, as shown in this screenshot:

I also haven’t found the warning replicated anywhere else in Blender, so it seems there is a need for this window to be resizable.

Now that the Blender 2.8 UI has been ‘frozen’, are we stuck with this limitation? Or is this a transient bug that will (hopefully) be fixed by the time of the final release?

You can resize the one in the drivers editor. I get what you’re saying though, it being a popup and disappearing got me to set up a workspace just for drivers.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I didn’t spot the ‘Drivers’ tab in the Drivers window, and yes it can be resized so I can read the full text of the warning.

The ‘resize’ cursor in the Driver Property popup makes me think it is supposed to be resizable, so maybe the devs just haven’t gotten around to this yet.

1 Like