Anybody interested in starting a Blender Website

This Elysiun site will do for now, but i think that we should defienetly start our own site with our own forums and all that stuff. it could be something like http://www.blenderheads.com or anything like that. If there is anybody interested in joining a team to make this kind of site, e-mail me. My e-mail is [email protected]

Pooba

surely this is a good site… and i cant see non blendeheads not using this site…

All it needs is a Games Gallery, and a few more users, then it will be AMASING!

-Luke

The only problem with this site is bandwidth. Kib just can’t afford the bandwidth a full-fledged blender community would require. Heck, it was down for an hour today. Those most feasable way to split the community between two sites would be a game community and a pic community. Dont ask me to do it though!

…especially this forum needs more users.

I’m not talking about just a forum, but a whole website, like the old http://www.blender.nl/index_community.php
I would like to have news, a discussion forum, gallery, tutorials, games, and so on.

Count me in. I’ll do whatever I can. :smiley:

I feel stupid now.

I thought that elysiun was one of those forum distributers and that the forum was the only thing for Blender. I decided to check what other forums there were, so i clicked on Elysiun and boom, i realized that it was a whole site.
This site is acually very nice, it just needs a couple of things added.

There is talk on the news board on expanding the site. It’s going to take some cash though from dedicated users!

I am currently working on improving elYsiun.com by getting a new server. It will prove to be ALOT more stable.

I have thought about game galleries, and wanted to implement them, but right now I will have to wait untill NaN reveals more on it’s future and the webplugin future.

The amount of traffic to this forum has increased drasticly and the amount of new members keeps climbing. Though this does increase bandwith I am not in any danger just yet.

Funding will be achieved by banner placement (single banner at the top) and paypal donations (somone already donated the javachat). For now I am not looking for any partners as it will mean a great deal of work to make elYsiun.com compatible, instead I hope to earn the money this way so I can pay for the hosting.

I think I can create quite a nice community website out of elYsiun.com. I had some plans to add some hosting to elYsiun.com but I think for now those plans will have to be postponed, atleast untill I get an idea of how NaN will continue. (I’m pretty sure they will).

Anyways,
Hope I’ve informed you guys a bit about what I want with elYsiun.com.

Greetings,
Timothy Kanters

Thanks a bunch kib for the information. I hope this site is successful, and replaces the old blender community site (at least until blender has a new permanent home). The galleries are wonderful, and the forums are off to a good start. Nice fork, and thank you!

On 2002-03-17 12:42, Pooba wrote:
I feel stupid now.

I thought that elysiun was one of those forum distributers and that the forum was the only thing for Blender. I decided to check what other forums there were, so i clicked on Elysiun and boom, i realized that it was a whole site.
This site is acually very nice, it just needs a couple of things added.

You feel stupid? Not being aware of this site we actually put up a forum:

http://shizit.vectorstar.net/forum

When I say we, I mean I’ll take the blame for being ignorant and not knowing better but Replica gets all the credit for doing the work.