anybody interested?

(kos) #1

i downloaded agreat great tutorial for making photorealistic facial texture.but the problem is that it is written in french(or spanish may be…i don’t know).so i don’t understand a single word of it.anybody interested in translating it for all of us?if yes then let me know.i shall upload the tutrial to the net or may be write down the url here.

(Bapsis) #2

Hey,
You can always type the address in at http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and read a generated translation of the text. I’ve used a translator quite a few times to get Blender tutes that are in French or German as well. I would love to see the tutorial, so definatly pass it along. :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(acasto) #3

For the linux users, the Galeon web browswer that come with Gnome, has a little feature that will translate pages for at the touch of the button. I think it does use the bablefish, but all the user has to do is hit the button that says ‘translate to english’ :wink:

(valarking) #4

please explain to me how it is great, when you have never read it? :-?

(Dittohead) #5

please explain to me how it is great, when you have never read it? :-?[/quote]

hehe good point. what about the pictures? :wink:

(9) #6

Well, I think I can do that for the community 8) … if it’s in french!
I can’t promiss anything but let me see…

c-ya’ll

Hughes

(LethalSideP) #7

Yeah, if no one else wants to, I’ll do a French-English translation. I’ve been studying it for 5 years now, so I think I’m ready to have a crack at something like this :wink: . Just post the URL and I’ll get right on it (sorry, I no speaka Spanish :smiley: )

LethalSideParting

(Eric) #8

Konqueror and Opera has this feature too :smiley:

(9) #9

Yep, perhaps LethalSideP could handle this better than me, since he is native english speaker (I guess?). The result in english would be certainly better. Perhaps my translation would have been cryptic for english readers!

Maybe could we work together, if there is some part you do not understand?

c-ya’ll

Hughes

(kos) #10

ok…ok…i will upload it in a few days.to valarking…“picture speaks louder than words”…so i know that its great :stuck_out_tongue: .and thanks all for the advice …see ya.

(LethalSideP) #11

Yo guys. Seems I’ve been nominated! If you’ll just post the URL of the tutorial, I’ll translate it, and post the text back here (sorry, I have no web space at the mo :frowning: ).

Oh well. Tutorial address anyone?

(luis36) #12

Hey, I just don’t know if that tut is like a secret, but everyone of us would be glad to see that tute, or even translate it and publish it. The Language thing is not really a big deal, specially with pages like PROMT’s Online Translator: http://www.translate.ru (Even from Russian)
Or Altavista & others…Even with Software like Power Translator or the like I could translate entire books, and followed the Calli’s tuts from German to Spanish & the like…
BTW, here I have a plugin for making coffee with Blender, iron your clothes with Blender, wash your hair with Blender, someday i’ll publish it, OK?

(Grimmis) #13

Curious, is there an available URL for this tutorial ??.

(kos) #14

the URL is something like…www.3dstation.com or something like that.i got the link from flay.com.try to find texturing and surfacing tuts in flay.com.the link will be there.

(LethalSideP) #15

I think I’ve found it:

http://www.3dstation.net/Tutoriaux/php/tut_face01.htm

That it, by any chance? If it is, I’ll get started translating it tonight. It is French for those of you who weren’t sure, by the way :wink: . Hopefully, I’ll be able to post the translation back here in the forum in the next few days or so…Sorry, but I don’t have any webspace. (unless someone would be willing to take the translation I make and copy the webpage and insert the translations and post it under a fresh URL…any offers?)

LethalSideParting

(kos) #16

I think I’ve found it:

http://www.3dstation.net/Tutoriaux/php/tut_face01.htm

That it, by any chance? If it is, I’ll get started translating it tonight. It is French for those of you who weren’t sure, by the way . Hopefully, I’ll be able to post the translation back here in the forum in the next few days or so…Sorry, but I don’t have any webspace. (unless someone would be willing to take the translation I make and copy the webpage and insert the translations and post it under a fresh URL…any offers?)

that’s it.but you don’t need to translate the entire tute.if you wish just translate the page02.because i already uploaded the english version via zip file.you can download it at www.geocities.com/dkltr2002/facial_texturing.zip.