Anyone developing/converting apps for iPad or iPhone?

Hi,
I’m in the process of converting some Flash programs so that they will work on my iPad.
Is anyone using SVG and JavaScript or Xcode?
It would be interesting to learn how others are solving the issue which involved from Apple not allowing Flash based content to run on their product line.

I can’t find any current books on how to use scalable vector graphics and java script to replace flash as the last ones published seem from arou d 2002/3

Since this is a huge community, I guess that a few people are doing something similar and therefore know about the options available and/or if Xcode is the way to go … Or not?

Cheers :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure Apple just banned Flash apps.

Apples thoughts on flash and why they aren’t supporting it at more.

as far as i know, flash apps are just banned from the App Store… you can still develop apps and compile them with adobe’s tools, though adobe won’t update this feature any longer

thanks for pointing out the packager …

I’ve decided to bite the bullet and learn xcode or partner with someone who is already set up as an approved dev which will a, speed up the transfer and b, free up some of my time to add new features.

On one hand, it’s not the end of the world to “not” have access to the app store because according to statistics, the buyers who got an iPad are between 30 and 50 years of age. Needless to say that they will not yet let their kids or grand kids play with their new toy … wasting battery life.

In closing, Apple predicts that by 2014, there will by some four million iPads out there so it might make sense to get ready but it is not a strong priority … for now :slight_smile:

Since they have already sold 3 million in the first 3 months, another 1 million in the next 4 years seems a little off the mark.
If you target iphone/ipod touch/ipads then you’ll be looking at a possible 100 million devices sold