Anyone have an idea how to make tears of steel rocket scene?

(M Hilal Yahya Hidayat) #1

I want to make the rocket scene, but i don’t know how to do it. I think, in that scene doesn’t use any simulation. It’s look like some cone or sphere where added with wave modifier. I have try it, but i wonder how to model it and animate it. Thank you

0 Likes

(Gavin Scott) #2

Well, if you subscribe to the Blender Cloud you can download all the production scenes and assets and look at how it was originally built.

You would maybe need to get a version of blender from the same time period (2.64 might be good, but I’m not certain) to work with those files.

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.64/

1 Like

(M Hilal Yahya Hidayat) #3

yes of course, but i don’t have money for it and the payment a little bit hard to do in my country. Wish i have my own credit card. By the way, thanks for your answer. I’m seeking for alternative way

0 Likes

(yogyog) #4

Can you point to the exact scene … like, with a youtube timecode?

0 Likes

(M Hilal Yahya Hidayat) #5

oke bro, here is the link :

It’s very first scene, the opening scene, so beautiful and i really love it. Hope someone can help me recreating this scene :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(yogyog) #6

I think… I think it’s a series of cylinders inside each other (and cones) with animated textures that phase from transparent to emission… plus lots of glare…

1 Like