Anyone interested in Collaborating on a "Very" simple animation?

Okay here is the Boy(Tim) model. Pretty much done and ready to animate. I don’t know the rules exactly of this forum but I was planning on using this thread to show the progress I make on the animation and asking for help along the way with things I can’t do. If anyone wants to help just let me know what you want to do. Is this okay? If people are interested in animating these characters you will need Blender 4.0 and I think MakeHuman addon installed( not sure on this)

Here is a Sailor character, there will be several sailors in the first scene. I was thinking of removing all the normal maps as their uniforms are always perfect. A no normal map version, which do you think is better?

Added another sailor.

Okay, here is another model of the Sarah concept.

Hey , Does anyone know of a good free “Dog” model to download? I could model one but I am not the fastest modeler around so a free one would be good. Thanks.
If I were to model the dog it would be like this pic… If anyone feels so inclined to take a crack at modeling it , go for it.

Looks like there are no takers on modeling the dog. I will start modeling “Max” the dog when later today. Hopefully he turns out close to the reference image . I was also thinking of a beagle. Which do you think is best? I think a beagle may be too small , don’t know.

Okay, here is the start of the Max dog model. I will now model while trying to make him look like the reference image. DIdn’t really look at the ref image, when doing this model, I just modeled a generic dog but I did have a general shape and size in my head.

Another update here, I modeled the mouth and other touch ups then painted the textures for Max. I think this should be good enough. Haven’t modeled the teeth/tongue yet.

Okay here is an update. I changed the main girl to look a little younger and posed all the characters in a group.

Hey Mike
If you need some one for sound in Post production id love to join your team. My discord is lukearthur. can show you portfolio there if you wish to collab.

Luke , I will definitely keep you in mind.

I will post an animatic of the first scene next.

Okay here is the animatic of the first little clips of the animation. Getting the hang of doing the animatics which was a bit of a learning process.

1 Like

Okay, last animatic in which I just added a bit to the animation here. So the animation will have 3 clips , an aerial view zooming into scene, mid range showing the kids arriving to the boat/dock area and a close up of Lily telling Tim and Sarah of here plan to hide on the ship and go on an adventure.
This should require a wide range of skills to complete like landscape and building modeling in the aerial view, the character animation in the mid range and close up views. If someone wants to animate the dog Max please shout out here. I don’t have a clue on how to animate a dog…
I will post ref pics of what models I will model or need later today. So if anyone wants to practice their modeling please shout out here. I will need lots of dock items circa 1900’s
like houses, boats, crates etc…

Some image links for modeling.

f8987_003.jpg (1280×1106) (rmg.co.uk)

Far off ship.

Just discovered the “Shade Auto Smooth” feature in Blender. Me thinks this will help with hard surface modeling in blender.

Here is the first boat model wip. Just need to add some more small details and the level should be good for the animation.

I had some time so I textured the ship with simple textures.