Anyone know a good GIMP forum?

I use GIMP as much as Blender, and I’d like to show off some of my stuff, but the Traditional art section here rarely sees any activity. Does anybody know a forum that’s like the BlenderArtists of GIMP? I’ve tried registering on GIMP Talk, but I get this screen and can’t go any further.
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1593/erroror2.th.jpg

There is a Yahoo group for Windows users of GIMP, I think it’s called “gimpwin” or such. Search the Yahoo groups and I’m sure you’ll find it.

Otherwise, I think Gimp Talk is about the only other one.

GUG
Might be what you want.

Here’sa good one. :slight_smile:

https://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Of course, you did ask for a forum, not a mailing list… but that’s the list I’m on. I usually only follow it when I’m using GIMP a lot.

This is strange, I just registered to that group. The screen you posted (in my case) had “I accept terms and conditions…” checkbox. Try again…(try with different browser)

Well, I’m using Internet Explorer. That should work, right?

c’mon, internet explorer barely works with anything.

edit: i’m registered to that forum, but i’m not all that impressed on the stuff there… maybe you could make a difference, but currently it seems 90% of works posted there are these weird signature images that have manga character in middle and then some grungy fractals things in background.

.b

I think GUG used to be a lot better in terms of the quality posted by its members but it’s kind of been overtaken by new users launching on “anyone can contribute” initiative. I like Open Community, although for the sake of showing off a tool in respect to its potential, there needs to be a distinction between “finished works” and “gallery”.

I used to know of a site which set challenges, I think for pretty much any photo editing software, although it may have been Gimp specific… it either pup up challenges and / or you could post up images and get lots of pretty expert feedback very similar to what we do here. The works on that site were amazing. I’ve searched all my past emails etc and can’t find it now. :frowning:

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/index.php

c’mon, internet explorer barely works with anything.

P’shaw. There must have been something wrong with the site; I registered with no trouble the next day.

i’m registered to that forum, but i’m not all that impressed on the stuff there… maybe you could make a difference, but currently it seems 90% of works posted there are these weird signature images that have manga character in middle and then some grungy fractals things in background.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that. I really hate signature banners. They require little talent, yet people fuss over them like the person created the render they stuck in the middle. There are a few artists on there, like Griatch (or however that’s spelled), who do traditional art, as I like to do, but unfortunately the forum isn’t frequented much by them.

It’s sad, as GIMP Talk and GUG are the only prominent GIMP forums I can find. I’m still going to frequent GIMPT the way I do BlenderArtists, though. Like you said, maybe I can help “rebuild.” :slight_smile: