Anyone that DOESN'T have a mobile phone?

<edit>
oops! Forgot to delete old post.
</edit>

Australian mobile phone = Skippy with a notepad in *his pouch :).[/quote]

But i’m from New Zealand.[/quote]

Far be it from us to split hairs but I think an important revelation has been brought to light!

*Roos got plastic surgery! :o
:slight_smile:

Technically I have a cell phone, but I’ve never used it. It’s an old one given to me by my mom to use for emergencies. I don’t know if it even works for 911 any more. My not having a working cellphone is mainly due to my need to keep the bills down to a minimum. And since I’ve never had one before, I don’t exactly miss it. Besides I missed the whole pager thing too, so why should this be any different? :slight_smile:

If only we had those here! I’m gonna be making student loan payments for years.

whats a cell phone?

is it a phone from jail?

i dont have one, probably wont get one for another couple of years. the only reason id use it is to get my parents to do stuff for me when im not home… i HATE talking on the phone. most of my conversations are 1 sided. “yea… cool. oh. mmm. oh… cool… yea…” etc

Wow, I never expected to see so much nays and so few yeahs.

There are times I feel I’m the only person without one. But I guess it’s easier to spot the ones with than the ones without.

I also think in Holland mobile phones aren’t expensive, anymore. Don’t believe that the normal phones will be completely replaced though…

A dog, with a giant head on a small body,using a mobile phone to order some bones from the butcher:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40778000/jpg/_40778647_dog_moby_203.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4220000/newsid_4222600/4222649.stm

Having a landline is like having an annoying 5 year old in your kitchen.

“HELLO!!! HELLO TALK!!! TALK!!! TALK!!! NOW!!! I DONT CARE IF YOUR BUSY TALK NOW!!! TALK!!! SCREAM!!! ANWSER ME!!! TALK TALK TALK!!! IM INTURPTING YOU IM MORE IMPORTANT!!! TALK TALK!!! NOW NOW NOW!!! NAPPING? WAKE UP!!! TALK!!! TALK!!! TALK!!!”
reapeted tell you pick up.

Why would i spend money to put one in my pocket?

to counter all the “nah, i dont have a cellphone”. i have a cellphone, and since my study started it became damn usefull. before i had a very old phone, wich i didnt use at all. when i graduated i got a new shiney phone, with a camera and stuff.

before i didnt care about those silly things. it was always the question if the battery was full. if i could find the thing.

now i use it to call other people working on schoolprojects (where the fock are you… we have a meeting now. etc.). its a usefull tool to comunicate, if you cant reach someone with email, msn or in person.
the phone has become something like a watch or a wallet. something i carry with me every day.

but if you can still do without: dont bother to buy one. if you can survive without one now, you will too in the future.

the alarm clock function can be very nice though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a hermit. Don’t call me.

J/k. I actually do have a cellular, and I’ve found it very useful on occasion, but I use it so little…

I think I’d get along just fine without it. I don’t like balls and chains. That and trying to remember to charge it every 3-4 days…

It is not because we are ahead. We are so far behind that people don’t have the money to pay for a telephone, and if the phone companies want to survive, they have to find a way to make it cheap.

Australian mobile phone = Skippy with a notepad in his pouch :).[/quote]

But i’m from New Zealand.[/quote]

pfft, Chinese/Japanese it’s all the same to me :P.

rofl.

Cell phones are great. You can use them to call the person who was supposed to pick you up 45min ago, and instead left you standing in the cold. Also, you can use it to play games when you are sitting out in the cold (I live in the UK btw). If all else fails, you can use that GPRS thingy to browse elysiun on your laptop. In fact, the only time I dont like cell phones is when the person who you are trying to reach on their cell either has it switched off, or doesnt remember what their ringtone sounds like.

That explains a lot.

Playing games or browsing the web on a cell phone is all nice and all, except that it’s really impractical in (real) winter, those darn tiny buttons are a bitch to use when it’s -30 C outside and your fingers are starting to freeze.

Beside, if I wanted to play games on a tiny screen, I’ve buy a GBA.

It really hirks me how marketing geniuses try to cram everything they think you need into whatever stupid product they are trying to sell these days. Really, it’s great thinking that we should pay more for cell phones to get a worse than average digital camera, a crappy gaming system and insane rates for internet access. Thank you, my life was truely empty before when I wasn’t choking under “10 in 1” portable devices.

Rant off,
Martin

in Finland, everyone, I mean EVERYONE has a cell phone. Well, not EVERYONE, but almost EVERYONE, so everyone… well it is very rare if someone doesnt have one. Even the kids have them.
Well, of course, there are people who dont want one, but if when it comes to the “normal”, working people, with income, I’d say just about every single one of them has a cell phone…
It’s like nowadays almost every company has a website.

There’s not even a regular telephone anymore in our house… only cel-phones.

I have a cell phone but that’s only because I hate wearing watches.

LGM

I have a Camera because i hate wearing watches… :Z

I have always found it odd that people use their cell phones as watches. Well its better than an old fashioned pocket watch…in a way…Well I am just used to wearing a watch lol.

Well I believe the 3rd world countries, rather than developping a fixed land line telephone system they start directly with the cell phones and relays.

wow.
i am soo surpised with the survey…

i think with everybody i know there is only like 5 people without cell phone if you count my grandparents and all family and friend.

Sago, don’t worry (re: first post), I don’t have one too. And 4 days of the week not even any working phone near. And it’s no problem at all. :smiley:

I used to wear a watch, but then the wrist band broke. And I just kept it in my pocket. I then learned to hate wearing a watch (chaffing my pretty wrist and all, making me unsymmetrical), and then the battery ran out. And being the lazy person I am, I never got another battery, so I just carry the cell phone around now instead. That is my tale, my story, my legend . . .

LGM

Not very related to cell phones, but…
3rd world is a name nobody, at least in the south hemisphere, uses anymore.

2nd word was Sovietic Union and China, today china is a lot capitalist, so, it doesn’t work anymore.

There are developed countries, developing countries, wich are already developed on many areas, and underdevelop countries.

And constructing cell towers just for a few people is not and option