Append dosen´t work

The “Append” is not working :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
What i gonna do?
I Want to copy the scene of a frigate to an ocean and make an animation,but the scene dosen´t go there :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
WHAT I GONNA DO !!!
(blender 2.42a)

Hi.
First some obvious questions:
Did it work for you before?
What steps did you take this time?
In which step did the problem occur?
Have you tried it with another version of Blender?

1:Yes,and sometimes worked
2:when it should be load the scene
3:i did append/file.blend/Scene/Scene
4:well,i used with 2.41

well,i used with 2.41

Append didn’t work with 2.41 for me, either.
Try it with 2.42, and remember to append from the ‘object’ menu instead of the ‘mesh’ menu.
EDIT: Oh, right, you’ve tried that. In that case, make sure you’re appending from the right menu, and if that doesn’t work try re-downloading.

Yeah I seem to remember having this problem with 2.41 too.
Fortunately there’s no charge for the upgrade! :slight_smile:

ok,but the problem is the scene.i want to load the entire scene !!,I have a file of frigate,and i want to load to another file,that is an ocean.

If you append a scene, the scene appears to the scene list found next to Blender’s version number. You can link objects between scenes if you want.

yeah,near the blender number is a thingy,“SCE:scene” and “SCE:scene001”,but,now how i put the another scene to the principal scene ?

Select the objects you want to link to it and select “Object\Make Links\To Scene” in 3d viewport header. If you don’t need the appended scene, feel free to delete it after linking the objects to the main scene.

OH YEAH BABY!!!
I DID IT
THANK YOU VERY MUCH BeBraw !!!