Appending doom

Sorry if this has been talked about, but I thought this problem was in the 2.40
test builds.

Anyway I almost lost a scene I did a awhile back, when I was appending a tree from it to a scene I was working on today.

I hit the save hotkey about every time a make a change I like in a scene and I usually hit it a lot. :slight_smile:
After I had appended the tree I hit Ctrl-S and it complained about not being able to save. I looked at the top where the name is displayed and it was the name of the file I had appended from. :frowning: If I had not had both scenes opened I would of surely lost some hard work.

Why did it rename my file to the one I got my tree from.
At least I can watch out for this problem in the future, but this was a close call.

Did I mention that I love ambient occlusion. :smiley:

It was a bug in 2.37 that was fixed in 2.37a.

%<

“Appending Doom”

I love it! Nice one! :smiley:

[edit]For those of you not too comfortable with English, the standard phrase is “impending doom” meaning ‘doom is upon us!’ LinkLinker gave us a nice word-play using the similar-sounding appending in place of impending.[/edit]

It was a bug in 2.37 that was fixed in 2.37a

I just checked and I am running 2.37. Though I was running 2.37a.
Download time. :slight_smile:

“Appending Doom”

I love it! Nice one!

[edit]For those of you not too comfortable with English, the standard phrase is “impending doom” meaning ‘doom is upon us!’ LinkLinker gave us a nice word-play using the similar-sounding appending in place of impending.[/edit]

Yes this was a flash of comedy on my part since I don’t really do anything like wordplay.