Appending Logic??

Helo Everyone,

Just wondering, is there a way to get logic from one blend file into another? I tried to use append, but didn’t see Logic as a pick.

Thanks in advance!

I think if you append an object to which the logic is assigned, the logic is retained by that object.

Social,

I am trying to think of how I might organize my work for game development. Appending works, just as you described, but logic is lost if the object is deleted.

Would it worthwhile to:

1. Add logic blocks to empties and save a blend file to append from, or use the library script to store them

2. Add logic bricks to simple objects, append and join (ctrll-j)

3. I see there is the options to copy attributes (ctrl-c…logic bricks) but how do I “paste” them to another object.

Thanks for your time!!

1. I see there is the options to copy attributes (ctrl-c…logic bricks) but how do I “paste” them to another object.
    Doesn’t work quite like that. You select the object you want the bricks copied to first, then you shift select the object you want to copy the bricks from and choose copy logic. Be careful here because it won’t copy properties, you’ll have to do that seperately by the same object menu and one at a time.

What I do is set up a generic invisible object (usually a cylinder, because it works the best for characters) with bricks and properties and then make copies of it and parent a character or object to it. Anything parented should have collision faces turned off. I just keep it in my first scene on another layer. The object will show up in wireframe mode. So they are like behaviors, which I can add a character or an object to. Of course, it wouldn’t work if something had to roll or something, but I don’t write those games.

fireside,

Thank you! Do Blender game developers break their work up similar to waht I have described? Saving bits of logic for reuse?

Thanks!

Thank you! Do Blender game developers break their work up similar to waht I have described? Saving bits of logic for reuse?

Everyone has there own methods, but the more you reuse, the faster you can write your game. The same as python scripts, the more they call object properties the more objects you can use them on and still make simple changes in behavior.