appleseed 1.9.0-beta released

Hey all,

We’ve finally managed to release appleseed 1.9.0-beta and blenderseed 0.8.0-beta:
https://appleseedhq.net/#latest-news

(Preview builds were posted here some time ago, but these are the real things.)

You can grab blenderseed 0.8.0-beta here:

blenderseed requires appleseed 1.9.0-beta which you can download here:

@jdent02 has made a very nice video showing some of the new features of blenderseed, in particular OSL shading:

Hopefully we’ll see more such videos in the future.

Feedback appreciated! Let us know if you have troubles installing or using appleseed or blenderseed; either here, on our forum or on Discord. We will also be more than happy to retweet high quality renders on https://twitter.com/appleseedhq.

What’s going to happen in the near future: First we’re going to try to provide ready-to-render demo scenes so that you guys can give appleseed/blenderseed a try with minimal efforts. It’s also quite likely that we’ll make point releases of appleseed and/or blenderseed with bug fixes and small improvements.

Last but not least: We unfortunately had to break compatibility with existing blenderseed scenes in this release, really sorry. We will try VERY, VERY HARD not to do that anymore from now on.

To close this post, here is a really nice render by user BigRetching made with blenderseed 0.8.0-beta:

Franz

3 Likes

Ya baby! Testing with the Fracture Modifier build! I’ll post the results of my destruction. Fracture ON!

1 Like

I swear that someone posted (maybe not here, but I’m pretty sure, it was on this forum) an updated scene for blenderseed, the “Interior Scene” by Juan Carlos Gutiérrez for the latest release. Maybe with OSL shaders redo, but I can’t recall the exact details.

I have been searching for it for the last hour, can someone help me out?

That scene was made in asMax (3ds max plugin). It only exist in max not blender :smiley:

Thx, it looks like my brain needs some fresh air! :stuck_out_tongue:
BTW, gj with the scene. :+1:

1 Like

Haha thanks, I can export it to fbx one day.