Apply addon array before rigging

Is it possible to apply addon array without losing simple view in edit mode I see now high resolution vertices and lines. Very hard to select anything. Blender 2.8 .

No.

But depending on the specifics of what you want, it may be possible to apply fewer modifiers than you expected, maybe none at all.

Yes but I am not using much modifiers only whats needed.

There’s a chance we’re not using the word “apply” in the same way.

By “apply” I mean hitting the apply button on the modifier. If, by apply, you just mean adding a modifier, not hitting the apply button, then yes, you can change the display of modifiers in edit mode by clicking the Edit Mode or On-Cage icons to the right of the modifier name.

I mean apply by hitting the button in the modifier.
I think for the array modifier its necessary but I am not sure.

It would depend, like I said, on the specifics.

But let’s just say that you’re only doing one modifier, an array modifier, but creates a whole lot of really complex geometry that overlaps, and you then want to rig it. One thing you might consider is to not apply the array, but to create a mesh deformer to deform the entire object and rig the mesh deformer. That way, you have far fewer verts to rig and you never have to apply your array modifier.

That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about when I say that the specifics matter. Would that work for you? It depends on what you want to do.

I just added an array for adding the bolts.

Hey, you don’t have to apply it, you should do some ‘parenting’. Parent your bolts/nuts/washer/etc to the parts(mesh) objects they secure/fasten. If you used an ‘Empty’ as an ‘Object Offset’ then you parent your parts to the ‘Empty’ and parent it to the mesh object. be mindful of any object rotations, some may need applied.