Payment when the file you create is successfully 3-d printed by you or others .
You will design a thin wall plastic bowl-shaped template which will be 3-d printed by others of plastic at low resolution. The bowl shaped template will have large decorative holes in the shapes of 2-d drawings provided by me in .dxf, .IGES, .VRML, .HPGL plot file, .PDF or .dwg (auto cad one of several, but not all, versions available). During your design process you can use the outline shapes of a dog, a house and a fish.
The resulting 3-d printed plastic template will be laid inside a slightly larger soft clay bowl to serve as a guide for cutting dog, house and fish shaped holes through the walls of the clay bowl. The template is then used on the next clay bowl over and over for production. The portion of the clay bowl which is not cut away in that process is then fired in a kiln to make a fruit bowl with decorative portions of the bowl cut away.
The curvileaner perimeter of each hole in the template is to serve as a guide for precisely cutting away parts of the clay bowl using a knife. The holes are 2-d profiles of a variety of shapes defined by each customer. I must have a similar 3-d bowl template printed every week but with a new set of profiles shapes such as a cat, a heart or a flower. Your task is to show me how to make those weekly changes using blender or another free software.
I have been told that blender is a suitable program for this. You must provide a detail list of key strokes and screen shots so a person who is not yet familiar with Blender to make the weekly changes in the holes.
You design the hemisphere bowl one time. I will send a 3-d cad file in a program of your choice. My cad software does not permit placing and stretching and adjusting 2-d shapes on the surface of the hemisphere.
- create a 3.5” tall portion of an 11” diameter sphere
- demonstrate drawing of a 2-D outline of a closed shape. (see attachment for examples of shapes)
- apply these closed shapes, usually less than 5 different ones per project, to the surface of the hemisphere. The mesh must be just complex enough to yield smooth edges around the holes in the bowl template
- You must include keystrokes and screen shots required to stretch & shrink the shapes and the parts of the shapes on the surface of the hemisphere until they are aesthetically arranged and join the adjacent other shapes to cover most of the hemisphere. If this were a map of the world, the shapes would be the components of the oceans and lakes. We will place the shapes using your sample and directions.
- subtract the spaces between the shapes so that they will become holes in the resulting part. Only the shapes remain as the only structure of the bowl shaped template.
- export the resulting 3-d part as a .stl suitable for 3-d printing in plastic about .1" thick.
8.The 2-D shapes CAN be imported from a graphics program as jpg, tif, dxf, AI cdr or others to be CONFIRMED IN ADVANCE.
- the shapes must be stretched and movedarround on the hemisphere to make them touch each other.
I have photographs of the hand made version of this.
It may be useful to make the shapes into think solids so they can more easily be subtracted from the hemisphere.