Applying bone deformation to mesh

Here’s what I’m up to:
Making a character model for a game, and exporting it to the format I need using a script I wrote. The script’s not perfect, but exported everything I’ve done until this fine. Here’s my present hitch:
I’m making a “static” character, but in modelling I found the easiest way to get the right look was to use armatures on the arms to position them, but no matter what I do I cannot seem to get the output to be the deformed arms! They come out as they were positioned before the armature pose. I am not exporting the bones, and cannot use them in this situation.

I just want to make the deformation I have done by posing the bones “permanent”. Seems easy, but it’s eluding me.

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

/Ride

I’ve done this by accident before, but I don’t remember how. Sorry.

Maybe you could give in and have some simple “swatting fly” or “scratch” animations to justify it? :-?

you’d think it would be part of blender to do this

but it isn’t [well, you need to use python]

/me checks if script is in 2.34 yet

seems like it is

in edit mode, in the mesh menu on the 3d header, select scripts, then apply deformation
[it is weird that it works that way, but it does. you can alternatively get to the script without being in edit mode by creating a script window and going scripts->mesh->apply deformation…]

in edit mode, in the mesh menu on the 3d header, select scripts, then apply deformation
[it is weird that it works that way, but it does. you can alternatively get to the script without being in edit mode by creating a script window and going scripts->mesh->apply deformation…]

Thanks 0d, but two problems:

1. When I go to edit mode, the mesh reverts back to “rest” position.

2. I seem to have nothing in any of the “scripts” submenus, with the exceptions of import and export scripts. (I have a feeling this is one of those RTFM things ;)) Also, in edit mode, when I go to mesh->scripts I get a blank submenu.

I can, in object mode, do an Object->Transform->Apply Deformation, but nothing seems to change. Is this something different?

Greatly appreciate the response. :slight_smile:

btw: Blender 2.34 and Python 2.3.3-r1 (Linux)

Okay, so I’m a doughhead. :wink:

I had simply neglected to copy my ~/blender-2.34xxx/.blender/scripts stuff to my ~/.blender/scripts.
I was CERTAIN I had done that - too certain, apparently.

Now I have all those scripts, and the deformation worked!

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the dumb post. :wink:

Cheers!