Applying to universities for masters in game art design

Hi,

I’m applying to some universities to get into game art design and game development courses next fall. They are all in the US, as i believe that US is the current hub for education in this field. My portfolio consists of artwork mainly done in blender and gimp, because that is what i had access to . Here is the list of universities im applying for :

Getting into any one of these courses would be like a dream come true for me …

I need to know what the guys at BA think about this. I’m an avid gamer and i really hope to be part of the industry…

here’s my portfolio : http://sites.google.com/site/arvindsgame/home

This is what i’ll use to support my application …

Have you done an undergraduate degree yet?

I don’t know what ‘state of the art’ in game art design is (sculpting I would imagine) but if you really want to get into a graduate level program you should really stack your portfolio with that in mind.

Can’t really help you out too much since the one class I needed to double major in art/art history was the portfolio class requirement and since they didn’t allow double majors like that I never took it. But I did have a friend who graduated at the same time as I did that went on to grad school and she spent a lot of time crafting her portfolio for each school she applied to.

I have finished my undergraduation and i believe fullfilled all requirements to get into one of these universities…

The only thing that bites me now, is how good my portfolio is,…

The SMU guildhall has requested for a separate traditional art portfolio, listing explicitly what they require in the sketchbook you send them ( eg one figure drawing, male and female, male female heads in different views etc.)

Other universities have just requested a portfolio, mentioning nothing else about it… so ive stacked up on both traditional and digital …