Aqua Marine

Here’s a stylized image created and rendered in Blender 2.40 – “Aqua Marine” (not shooting for realism here – this is more of an experiment with organic form and reflection)…

http://www.jevin.com/graphics/WaterDrop.jpg

:o :o
This is just fantastic

I have to agree. That looks wounderfull :D. Did you use the fluid engine? I think you used metaballs didn’t you? Well done, it looks great. I love the colours. Perhaps a 1024x768 version :smiley: ?

Looks realy cool! It doesn’t “flow”-together with the water plane though

Thanks for the feedback, guyz – really apreciate it.

Originally, I tried a meta plane to join the metaballs together with the surface so that you get more of a sense of connection as Kothe mentioned (excellent observation), but this was just a bit too much for Blender to handle – the program crashed during render. I had to set the metaball render number on the edit panel extremely low (.05) in order to get a beautiful, smooth liquid look to the balls; adding a meta plane pushed the limit of our beloved app (first time I’ve had a crash related to rendering since I started using the software). So, had to substitute with a poly plane, hence the separation of the drop effect and the base water. Applying a NOR ripple image map gives a psychological splash/surface connection, although upon closer inspection you see the disconnect. Still satisfied with the render, though, despite this limitation…

Here’s a high-res version for those interested…

http://www.jevin.com/graphics/WaterDrop_Lg.jpg

WOW! I really like that pic. I have been wanting to use the fluid engine in blender 2.4, but I cant seem to download it :frowning: Do you know of any tuts on fluids? I am very interested in splashes, as I think they just look so cool. One of the nicest pics i’ve seen!

I gotta question What are you doing to create such awsome specular flares?
EXAMPLE:
http://x11.putfile.com/1/811503586.jpg
Ya know the white highlights with the spikey parts sticking out. It’s quite interesting and I’d love to know how you did it :smiley:
Great image too :smiley:

Thanks for the kewl words!

For those who thought I might have used the fluid engine on this, I actually hand-placed the metaballs one by one, re-sized them, and created a splash effect by eye (although the fluid engine would have probably been a lot faster!!). This image was more of an experiment than anything, so I just sat down and played…

For the star effect, I used Trapcode’s Starglow effects filter for After Effects. That gave me the perfect final touch I was looking for…

perfect

how do you do a splash effect? Do you know if there are any tutorials on that??? I wanted to make this marble fall onto a marble surface and instead of just bouncing and rolling, create a splash of liquid (marble) with ripples and stuff. BUUUUUUUT, that is my idea, and most likely I won’t be able to finish, as I think I need something other than a plane thats marbled…

Wow, thanks for the wallpaper!

Henry – you’re welcome!

Spiffy – I haven’t used the fluids in Blender yet (I’m a switchover from Maya & LightWave, where I used RealFlow in those apps…). My guess would be to use softbody dynamics in cunjunction with a particle system/fluids and dupliverts. Still have to play around in that area.

Any suggs from you other kewl Blendheads out there, or a link to an awesome tutorial?