Aquatic boy

I have finally finished the illustration of the aquatic boy.
Done in Blender by dirversion, although in the end, finishing it has become eternal and I have ended up hating it.
I hope that at least you like it, the feedback is welcome.

Edited 06/09/20
I had no intention of modifying it, but after resting for a few weeks I decided to lighten the color of the character. Dark had more mystery, but the volume was lost and did not stand out. It is a small change but the composition varies a lot.
I had worked a lot on the translucency of the character, it even has an internal skeleton to simulate the skin of a squid, but I think by reducing the effect, the lighting and the shadows better define the shape and highlight the anatomy.
So I like the change more or less, I definitely leave it like that and turn the page.

6 Likes

Since I wanted to make a video showing the scene and the mesh, I have also made a new horizontal composition. It has less fog and more contrast, but in general it is similar.

I upload the new composition and the video with the 3D elements, since the retopos are manual and some, like the the boots, have been torture. A pity that for now there is no decent autoretopo system in Blender, it would speed up the workflow.

With this latest update I am finishing this project, thanks to the people who have encouraged me.