Aquino house

If the Vray exporter supported Blender procedurals use of those to augment the photo textures could reduce overhead with using that many textures, only I think it’s only Luxrender that supports them.

you got style!
4gigs you say!, your getting there just keep up!
the lighting is spot-on, nice wood texture,
Cool 4 stars.

I give this a rating of 4.5 Frank Lloyd Wrights:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2mnhbx0.png

Good Job!

Thanks a lot guys. Especially Rocketman: What an honour!

Yes, the wood is off in a big way on the dining table. Damn sloppy.

How do I manage my textures? Very badly is the answer. I’m always too lazy to optimize, thinking that 4gigs will do it. So I use all my textures at full size and remove all the filtering. Some are 8k, others 4k, rarely below 2k. But it caught up with me in a big way this time. Vray (64bits) was using up to 3.4gigs at some stages. I tried to optimize at least the geometry by working with almost all Blender layers and switching between those. I even had to save several versions of the same file with more or less geometry in them (since Vray seems to load all the textures of a scene to render, regardless of whether their objects appear or not in the render).

CD: No support yet for procedurals, though I’m told it’s on its way.

Oh wow, i completely missed this when it was first posted.

These are gorgeous, you’ve excelled yourself Bertrand!

Fantastic work! The amount of time and details you’ve put into this are very impressive.

Only critique is personal: I’m not a fan of the house’s cinder block/boxy looking design.

Still, the interior is fabulous, not to mention all the plant life surrounding it.
-5 stars

Awesome, man! those are on the border beetwen CG and photos. And you are incredibly fast
to put out such a number of rendering per threads :yes:

Congratulations and now… would be very interesting readings a tutorial on Blender/VRay from you!

Amazing, very good job, 5 stars

Amazing works with V-Ray!
Congrats!

I think this is definitely a high quality piece, however the quality is a bit inconsistent. I know the red chairs were pointed out before, and I’ll further those comments by saying the textures appear too large or do not contain enough detail and look really flat. That would help make the chairs look too small, or out of place.

The other area that bothered me was the bed spread texture. The detail itself is interesting, but texture does not respond to the actual varying tightness of the fabric, and assumes the covering is wrinkly all over. This is bordering on nitpicking, but these subtle details pulled me out the illusion of realism.
This is obviously a higher level critique, meaning just about everything is excellent.

As I said, they’re all very well done images, and far beyond what I could create. But, as they say, the devil is in the details, and it’s those small things that can really detract from a work that is otherwise amazing.

Most of the things I mentioned were very nit-picky, and mostly trivial, but the ones that really stuck out to me was, as you mentioned, the ‘flying furniture’. It’s something can really stick out even to the eyes of someone who’s not looking for it. The other one being over-saturation, which is also something that sticks out a lot.

The things like aliasing issues are very hard to notice unless you’re really looking for it, and comparatively easy to solve. I remain curious to see an Indigo comparison, though. But don’t bother if it’s too much trouble, I know that renderers can use completely different settings for similar results, making it way to hard to transition between them quickly.

I shutter to think of how long those book textures took…

Wow! They are incredible. The bokeh is perfect! You’re crazy!
6 Stars!

Please excuse my language but that’s pretty f-ing awesome. :wink:

Edit: double post

amazing work BbB! as usual… :smiley:

need something like that for my custom truck that looks GREAT!!

Amazing! :eek:

Damm, it look good. All modeling and texturing was done in blender? One with best, if not the best, visualization I have seen.

Blender + Vray ? Did you use exporter from here http://blender.bevice.ru/ ?

Really amazing.