Archipack 1.3.8 - 18.04.2018

This module is a basis i use to dev my onwn objects.
I share it to help other dev to start such objects project on strong common basis.
It solve problems like linked objects and “copy to selected” to share parameters between objects.

Try:

/user/lib/python3.5/python3.5 -m pip install shapely

stephen_leger

Try:

/user/lib/python3.5/python3.5 -m pip install shapely

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]serviteur @ HP-EliteBook-8760w ~
└─ $ ▶ /user/lib/python3.5/python3.5 -m pip install shapely
bash: /user/lib/python3.5/python3.5: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
serviteur @ HP-EliteBook-8760w ~

Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type = No such file or folder type

> serviteur @ HP-EliteBook-8760w ~
> └─ $ ▶ /user/lib/python3.5/python3.5 -m pip install shapely
> bash: /user/lib/python3.5/python3.5: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
> serviteur @ HP-EliteBook-8760w ~

Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type = No such file or folder type

Whell, then you need to check in which folder is installed your Python3.5.

Also don’t forget that for Linux you will need to manually install Libgeos library

artisanicview

Whell, then you need to check in which folder is installed your Python3.5.

Also don’t forget that for Linux you will need to manually install Libgeos library

How i can check folder (Python 3.5) ?

Libgeos is already installed.

In blender open a python console.
type :

import sys
sys.path

blender should show you many path and you’ll find one ending by /python3.5
here under 'buntu 16.10 it’s /usr/lib/python3.5

This is brilliant Stephen. Thank you for sharing!

Ok, i saw the new videos in the first post and just tested the addon. This is getting very, very serious now.

Thanks for pointing at first post : Wow!

stephen_leger

In blender open a python console.
type :

import sys
sys.path

blender should show you many path and you’ll find one ending by /python3.5
here under 'buntu 16.10 it’s /usr/lib/python3.5

the screnshot (python console).

Hi Okavango,

Thank you for the reply and your feedback on gl, hope this one may help any “CAD people” :wink: like you on every day basis.

There is still so many job in the tasklist to make it realy usefull on every situation, the most challenging one is to be able to build “automagic” roofs. I allready have done such thing under 3dsmax long time ago, so i know how not to do it.

But i feel this project is going in the right direction.

Maybe there is a way to extend your brillant “sketchup” like workflow, using your basis as draft and generate walls from there, as with Revit.

@serviteur Please, do report your issue in the tracker, so other people having the same problem may solve it the same way as you.

Maybe there is a way to extend your brillant “sketchup” like workflow, using your basis as draft and generate walls from there, as with Revit.

That was exactly what i wanted to suggest :slight_smile:

I’m also suggesting a “Section&Pattern” tool like the plugin “Skalp” for Sketchup. This tool will be very useful for a lot of peoples, architects and CAD users alike. Personally I can find of great use for furniture drawings where I need to make a lot of sections through different furniture units for technical drawings.

If need more inspiration I would suggest some BOMs, Cutlists and Cost Estimates tools like the

plugin. Very useful tools for architects and CAD technicians, tools who are now missing in Blender.

Also the concept of “Components” from Sketchup it is a very powerful tool who worth taking a look.

And if the developers are running out of ideas I’m also recommending check the LWCAD project who is bringing a lot of interesting CAD tool to the LightWave universe. That project it is demonstrating that it’s quite possible to create precise CAD tools into a 3D “artistic” software package.

Thank you for pointing those packages !

Currently in the pipeline there are some other objects like:

• Fence
  • Generic cabinets able to model kitchen
  • A smart roof generator
  • Enhanced create tool “snap aware” for walls, based on np_station

I know the attempts for such project are great, and there are various needs, from BIM to CAM and visualisation.

So i’m trying to provide the best objects i can afford as single dev currently working on this project (with unvaluable help of #blenderpython people and some other devs) and realy hope my way of sharing so many hours of work will inspire other poeple to do so.

Archipack is a realy young project (1 month now), built with productivity and quality in mind, based on many years of 3d cad modelling and parametric objects. Parametric kitchen for max back in 2001

Oh, thank you, that’s of great interest for me. I’m furniture designer & manufacturer, right now I’m doing my designs with TopSolid Wood, a quite powerful & expensive package, but I also have previous experience using other packages like Sketchup (Dynamic Components), IMOS & Autocad (basically IMOS is a plugin for Autocad) and right now exploring the capabilities of WoodWork for Inventor which I found to have the best output for the CNC machine I’m working with. I also made some staircases designs in Staircon (just a few hundreds of them :slight_smile: )

So, I know all the strength and wicknesses of this packages and personally I think that Blender (with some additional tools & add-ons) can be the perfect tool for this kind of works. If you need some advice and test, I’m here to help!

Before I was importing the geometry generated by IMOS & Sketchup into Blender for rendering&visualisation but my intention is to create entire projects from start to finish just in Blender.

There is also an interesting project called Fluid Designer (who was created by only one developer) who proves that such capabilities are very possible inside Blender. About Fluid Designer I don’t like that it’s a fork of Blender, I do believe that all the necessary tools can be created inside Blender without the need to fork anything.

But I must admit that already a very impressive one.

Nice to see an old MAX user switching to the humble Blender. If I was saying ten years ago that Blender is the best tool, a lot of 3DMax users would say that I’m insane, but now I can prove that I was right. :slight_smile:

Your python console it is not showing as Blender is using the systems Python 3.5 installation. Seems that your Blender is using the bundled version of python that comes with Blender.

According to this post, you will need to download and use a buildbot version of Blender.

Seems that on Linux the things are a little bit different than I expected. I’m mostly a MAC user and for me was very easy to force Blender to use Python 3.5.2 that I have installed on my system.

Some more possible answers:

How about a linux replacing bundled python

How to use PIP with Blender’s bundled Python?

artisanicview

Your python console it is not showing as Blender is using the systems Python 3.5 installation. Seems that your Blender is using the bundled version of python that comes with Blender.

According to this post, you will need to download and use a buildbot version of Blender.

Seems that on Linux the things are a little bit different than I expected. I’m mostly a MAC user and for me was very easy to force Blender to use Python 3.5.2 that I have installed on my system.

Some more possible answers:

How about a linux replacing bundled python

How to use PIP with Blender’s bundled Python?

These builds are not as stable as releases, use at your own risk.

@ stephen_leger

It’s possible to implemented and added in Archipack [FEATURE], Another new tool to Build walls from selection of Mesh, polygons etc…
like FreeCAD (parametric 3D modeler)?

Addon Blender: Mesh-to-wall, it’s no parametric

http://luxuy.github.io/BlenderAddons/Mesh-to-wall/Mesh_to_wall.html

Hi serviteur,
Thank you for your feed back, hope you are finally able to get polylib working.

Wall from spline allredy in the pipe, so anything you may convert to a 2d spline may work.
Converting draft volumes to walls like you may do in revit may be possible, but not to be expected soon.

Currently working on snap feature to create and modify wall.