Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Hi mrtzg,
You may adjust the array right after execution you’ll find an expanddable window on bottom left of the 3d view as with any regular blender’s operator, allowing changes and updating the array according.

Bim import can be done using ifcOpenshell, however due to the nature of ifc it is not possible to handle this right in archipack (ifc only share geometry, no parameters). You still will be able to draw windows over walls using “custom wall” but that’s it.

Ifc disallow further changes by design as it is intended to enforce communication between people so eg an ingenior is not allowed to change anything unless the architect is aware of (in facts ingenior must talk to architect and architect provide a new file with requested changes done).

Hi Stephen,

I am using version 2.2.2. The windows can go around the wall but in the opposite direction. Is it a bug?
If not, how to do it like in your video?

Thanks.

Hi,
When manipulating windows on walls corner, there are “limits” (perpendicular to wall’s inside).
Once the arrow are out of those limits the window fails to bend.
Results when you are close to limit are the same on both sides so keep your manipulator inside of the valid areas.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the quick response and a great plugin. I find that if the direction setting is set to clockwise that cause the problem. Now reset to anticlockwise, it work for the straight corner. However, I still have issues with the curve part of the wall. The window still bend in the perpendicular direction to the curve wall. Any advise ?

The bend limits occurs only when outside of the wall is larger than inside, whatever the draw direction.

Bend on curved segments still not supported.
But if you define wall shape using a curve, then you’ll get small segments on curved parts and windows will follow according.

Hi Stephen,
Thanks, the bend limitation is understood.
When I duplicate level, the doors and windows panel did not follow the duplication (see snapshot).
How do duplicate the doors and windows as well ?

Thanks in advance.

Select base storey reference point, you’ll find duplicate level operator

Hi Stephen,

Please see attached snapshot,
The wall and windows create using the normal method are able to duplicate to the next level.
The main building which I created using the 2D to 3D method cannot be duplicated with the windows, only the opening. Is that the limitation of the 2Dto3D method ?

Best Regards,

Use the Copy “Collection instance” mode of duplication.
By the way, good catch, will add full support for all copy methods for 2d to 3d generated walls in next release.

3 Likes

stephen is there any way of exporting the “walnut beam materials” with the beams to another program? Is there an export format that does this? Thanks

Random materials use vertex colors as input for “random”.
Unless the file format / target software support vertex color as input for a shader it is not possible out of the box.
Looks like the solution may be to “bake” the texture.

Thanks stephen. I have never baked a texture but I will figure it out. Can i simply bake the one texture?

Hi,

I have a workflow question: ¿How one manage hiding and unhiding levels in a multi-level building?

I’ve seen one can create levels and organize levels from the archipack menu, but hideing levels from the outliner doesn’t work as the objects are also in the archipack collection, and hiding the archipack collection is troublesome as newly added archipack objects as doors or windows go to the archipack collection and if it’s disabled it throws an error or if it’s hided objects are added “invisible”.

So, I would like to know if there’s a way of working in archipack per level, hiding the other levels.

Select the reference point for your level and use the “Create Level Collection”
In order to show/hide objects in the collection, keep SHIFT pressed while clicking on the eye icon.

1 Like

Yes! Shift+eye hides the collection properly even if the objects are also on other collections, thank you :grin:

Hi everybody,

I just want to share some exiting news for next release features / enhancements.

• Refactored manipulators handles so they are always visible whatever the view (eg face view)
  • Window now are able to provide glass as separated objects providing 40% faster rendering under cycles according Chocofur 's Lech Sokolowski bconf tip
  • Dupllicate level operator support for custom and 2d to 3d walls
  • BugFix holes not properly detected by floors / moldings
  • BugFix holes not hidden by window / hole array operator
  • Bugfix incorrect curve origin for “objects from curve” operators
  • Bugfixes in .ifc native exporter
  • Add basic support for blenderBim collection / naming convention structure - experimental and still a lot of work to do on both sides to handle full BIM support
10 Likes

Hi,
Released archipack PRO 2.2.3 today.

Beside many bug / regression fixes you’ll find some new features.

• Allow to restart “draw wall” tool by holding alt + click on “wall” button while old wall selected.
  • Apply random uv for game engine export
  • Add / remove blenderBIM compatible naming convention + collections

Complete release log is here

Note: Auto updater may fail, if so beside error message you’ll find a download link (may require your gumroad account e-mail).

8 Likes

Could you please explain what this new feature exactly does and what is the use case for game engines?

By reading this I expect to see random colors in vertex paint mode but I don’t.

By default, uvs on floors / wall finishings are regular, and the “Archipack Random UVS” node group multiply red and green channel of vertex colors to randomize final uv coords, so you may get either regular or random uvs depending on your node setup only without touching geometry.
In order to export randomized uvs to game engines, this operator apply the random part defined by vertex colors to uvs coords, so you get same result without the need to rely on vertex colors on the game engine side.
This operator is “destructive” as it does modify the material setup so you can see result right in eevee. So save your work before and reload old file after export.

3 Likes

Not quite a propos BUT:
Ive been repeating and emphesizing: as much as we re close to once-Google’s Sketchup
in terms of object creation and manipulation-the more we can win.;
And: maybe HOLE object could be created on/within active/marked object when called.
Ie. not only on vertical surfaces/walls ??

Thank you so much for your effort so far.