Archipack 2.7.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Perfect Stephen thanks for the quick answer!

I never will get tired of saying, thanks for this amazing plugin!

Cheers,
Pato.

Dowload latest official version from blender-archipack’s website.

Hi Stephen,

I have a few people asking me to help with Archipack Pro. In preperation for that I thought let’s refresh my Archipack knowledge. Now I see that we are on version 2.3.3.
On Youtube there are quite some tutorials for 1.4, and 2.2. Are the tutorials for 2.2 still applicable?
And I see in the documentation you start in the user guide with the section 2D to 3D. Do I miss a kind of overview / introduction here, or is 2D to 3D the recommended way to use and start Archipack with?

Hii Peetie,
Yes most tutorials still apply, there are some things broken at this time, like full keyboard creation of walls.
2d to 3d apply for archviz, when architect provide 2d dxf blueprints.
It is always possible to “Draw” walls “free hand”, or even start from grease pencil strokes, using walls from curve.

1 Like

Stephen thank you for continuing this wonderful Addon.
When I use the doors and windows the thought always recurs why are the objects defined as meshes and not curves, with curves one could add Any window-door profile and “bend” it around the opening geometry curve… just a thought.
I think it would add another level of possibilities in customizing and possibly ifc intelligence?
Happy Holidays

Extruding a profile along a curve will simply not work for complex shapes like ellipsis - blender’s will use a dumb interpolation on edges.

There is a difference in the way Blender interpolates 3D and 2D curves, just thinking you may be unaware, forgive me if I’m being presumptuous.
I have found that 2D curves interpolate well (quite differently from 3D ones which squeeze and deform).
All 2D curves are defined on the XY plane, so a door or window would have to be defined in XY and rotated to the vertical plane. That works.
Would you like me to send an example? or are you confident you know this and I fail to see your point?

Hi Stephen,

I searched on the documentation but didn’t find it. Is it possible to change the cover of a roof with a custom shape? like this
imagen
Or any other custom shape? as we can do with wall finishings?

Thanks,
Pato.

Hi Pato,
No custom shape for roof. But there is one preset “Braas” wich is pretty close.
In facts roof use “degenerated” 2d shapes for tiles until last moment so it is able to perform quick “boolean” operations on single sided polygons and extrude once done for performance reasons.

Thanks, Stephen,

I think I could use the square and some displacement may be on the material

Cheers,
Pato

Hello Stephen, Happy 2021 !
I had not downloaded the Archipack materials library since now. The other day when I loaded the latest version of the addon I also downloaded archipack_2_matlib.blend from Gumroad.
Are there other materials libraries? (the materials video tutorial on YouTube suggests Archipack has many)
If so, where can I find them?
ty

Hello Stephen,
I will buid my home in ArchiPack. My real windows has some bars inside. Is it possible to implement?
Thanks

Hi csimeon,
Unfortunately i can’t share pantone / ral / sikkens library for obvious license reason. Those files are in the video in order to explain how multiple library are possible and the behaviour of archipack with multiple libs when it does load / save materials.

1 Like

Hi ekauberb,
Yes it is something i would like to implement, but not in the top of my todo list at this time.

Hi All,

Anyone know the reason why my measurements doesn’t match the archipack control panels when creating windows? Im scratching my hair off :sleepy:

//CG

Looks like an issue with your unit setup.

Hm, tried everything that I can think of, still same result;

Ok thanks, I was wondering because it’s named Archipack_2, there is no Archipack_1?

Maybe check your object scale?

So Stephen, I found that on the inside of the window the window frame are split into two? and the dimension is correct on the frame furthest out, but how do I control the inner dimension at 2,5cm? This is just the window frame.