Archipack 2.7.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Try to change any other parameter of hole so it does force update the cutter object.

Is there any quick fix or workarround for the issue of the addon using the “Exact” boolean solver?

The addon it’s running too slow to be usable right now T_T

Downgrade blender to 2.90 is the only solution until next release. Setting all holes by hand may be too time consimung to be considered as a fix.

Hi Stephen,
After marking the outer wall, I created a roof using the tool function. When I then changed the roof slopes, the inner walls were no longer cut. What is the correct procedure?

Ensure that inner wall’s “auto-fit” parameter is enabled. You may select them all, and hold ALT while enabling the parameter to set them all at once.

Please any idea why this is happening when I create roofs? And what to do to fix it please.
This is Archipack 2.3.2 in Blender 2.91.0

Reduce the bevel amount of covering.

Indeed that fixed it. I couldn’t figure out what percentage would work for the bevel, so after fiddling for a while, I just turned bevel off, and that was fine. Thanks so much.

Hello.
Is there a way to change the default settings for windows and doors? Like height, width, other elements and materials ? I ask you because I’ve made personal presets for these, but from the 2D to 3D operators only the default ones will be generated. And this is an inconvenienceas as I have to select all windows and doors and change them with my presets. Another inconvenience for this method is that most of the time after I change the preset for windows the boolean will not be applied and I have to toggle ON/OFF the “Automatic hole” function for these boolean to be applied.
Here is a screenshot.

The first window in the left side is my own preset and I need them in that way. The other ones are the default generated windows.
Thank you and good luck with these awesome project !

Hi Tibor,
In 2d to 3d context, preset does not make much sense as window / door must use size from blueprint (width and wall thickness), so only the height is to be set.
As draw tool and 2d to 3d adjust window to wall thickness, when you reload a preset this value is reset, leading in error in the boolean (hole probably too small), you may use auto-boolean to fix them all at once.
You also may apply the same preset to many windows at once, by selecting them roughly (there is no problem if walls or other kind of objects are selected too).
Another way is to select same window roughly, and use ALT+enter to confirm changes so parameter are shared by selected windows.

The rule for the kind of window depends on window width, when greater than 1.5m it is a full height window.

Hello Stephen,
It is a common practice designing “scissor” stairs, to have the top stair of the flight coming up from below level with the landing, whereas the lead-first stair of the stair going up flush with the edge of the landing.
(This in concrete allows flush ceilings underneath and also is useful when the material of the landing differs from the steps, because it highlights where the last step going up is - the first step is clear because of the riser)
It can’t find a way to do this for intermediate (between floors) landings with your stair parameters, is there?
I can almost get the effect by adding a straight landing, that is one step long, like this:

But I will need to edit the stair to fill the gap in the landing (where the arrow points)
Also note that now the additional thickness in the landing is unnecessary and the inclined structure of the stair support will merge smoothly with a thinner landing, this is what I meant about “flush ceilings underneath”, like this:

It would be great to have it as an option! Thanks

1 Like

Hi Stephen,
I don’t think i made my self understood. The problem is that I want the altittude of the window of 0.8 (default is 1m) and I created my own presets of windows with speciffic things like: inner still off and other visual “tweaks”. If I change the preset afterwards, the width of the window will also change and the boolean will have to be reapplied. My question to you is: Can I make a preset and apply it to the generated windows and doors and doing so the width will remain intact and only things like “altittude” and other visual settings exiting in the “parts” section to be aplied? It makes no sence for me too that the width change if I apply my preset. Maybe this screenshot will help you understand better my question.

Again, thank you for your time.

Hi Tibor,
Select all windows sharing same altitude, and make one of them active (you may also select anything else, it does not matter), then go into parameters, enter desired altitude and hold ALT+enter to confirm.

Landing width will always remains the same than steps. Maybe use 2 half landing (90°) and a straight one in the between / or 2 stairs and a custom landing done by hand ?

Ok thanks.
Do you think it is of any interest to you to modify the stair parameters to do this kind of stair automatically? Something like a tickbox or button [Header step with landing].
I believe it’s a pretty common design feature

Definitely yes,
but keep in mind that stair are pretty complex geometry to handle, with many possible variations, and such design depends on overall shape (boxed, steps only…) round or square landings 2d shape, the kind of landing, it also affect handrails and the way they connect together among other things like uvs, so definitely not just matter of slapping a checkbox as simple as it may seem at first glance.

You may currently achieve such look by using 3 landings, first and last with 90° each and a lower radius, and a straight one in the between.

Hi @stephen_leger

Here I have a wall with a wall material preset. Simple all the same material.
Maybe I don’t get the logic, but I want to apply the same materials to the other walls in the picture.

But When I select the next wall and apply the same preset it gives me completely different materilas.
What I’m doing wrong :thinking:

Chees, Pato.

Beside material indexes you also must link materials, select targets and make source active, then ctrl+L → materials

Hi, I am to it, also.
but did not dare to mention so far :wink: