Archipack 2.7.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Hi Stephen,
i try to make a trailling dormer. To cut the side roof element, I want to convert that into a non-archipack element. How can I do this? Or is there a better way. Thanks.

You may use one or many roof “Cutter” object, or use the “kill archipack parameters” in “Tools” tab of 3d view. See this video about roof cutter usage.
Boolean with such complex model may fail.

Ah, so if I change my cutter object to have a bevel weight of 1 for the vertical edges I can add a data transfer modifier, after the boolean, to the wall and choose edge data > bevel weight > nearest edge
Then add a bevel for the quarter round, choosing limit method Weight.
Well, I don’t understand how that works yet, so that creates some shading issues And it adds the bevel weight to a little too much. Adding face data to nearest face as smooth helps the shading, but it’s still problematic.

I did that, but obviously has some issues. It’s not on an archipack wall either. I was just testing it on plain old cubes first to be sure it wasn’t messing up. I’d say do it with vertex groups, but two problems there. I couldn’t get it to Work, and also I can’t think of a wy to not end up beveling the top corners of the door as well. With this example I’m adding a bevel weight t the edges that are not the same as the boolean.

I thought I liked this method because when bevel is set to material index of -1 it takes on the material to the nearest face. But then I realized, it doesn’t look great in the doorway because it sort of gets split in half.

Well if you can figure out some method of doing this then that’s cool, otherwise I can always just do the rounds at the Very end of the project. I just like keeping things fairly parametric if I can.

Hi @stephen_leger , I just recently purchased the addon and on a new install I’m running into a strange bug. When adding some of the window types to walls, the one handle seems to be parented to the incorrect panel:

I tried redownloading and reinstalling the addon but it didn’t solve the problem.
Any idea what may be causing this?

This is a known issue with “top round” shape, select the frame and turn the upper foil to “fixed” so it will not generate the handle.

Thanks, that fixed it.

Thanks for the great addon, it really does save a ton of time!

When I export layout with the floors and sections with scale 1/100 on a A3 paper and then open the svg files in Inkscape I get a paper of size 393.75x278.43mm. This is 6.66% smaller than an A3 (420x297mm) and the scale is also 6.66% too small. By selecting all objects and increase the scale to 106.66% and change the paper to A3 I get it right. Anyone else having an issue with the scale of exports?

Feature request: It would be nice to get a scale on the layout, not just the scale in text, but also a scale for example from 0 to 5 meters.

Hi Peter,
This is a known issue with pixel size in inkscape, will be fixed in next release by using real world paper size in mm instead.
In the meantime, set the width / height of document in svg header to real-world paper size in mm, or rescale document right in inkscape.
Every visible curve based object in the layout are exported, so i guess it is possible to build a scale.

1 Like

Hi Stephen.

I have another thread going in the Modelling forum about how to duplicate a custom window and it’s boolean. I can’t work out a solution from the answers so have tried again but this time using an Archipack window and array.

windows-collection-01

Here’s how it looks with 18 windows.

Note that two of them near the end of the array are not showing correctly for some reason?

My question is… if I can get the two windows to display correctly (somehow) how do I duplicate all 18 windows and move the duplicates above the originals to make a new row? I’ve tried both Shift+D and Alt+D to get the duplicates, moved them up but the boolean doesn’t work so it’s just 18 windows with no holes.

Once I’ve made this building and all its windows are in place correctly I’ll need to make another two duplicates of the entire building and use them in another part of the same scene as it’s an army barracks and the buildings look the same.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

This is a typical boolean’s modifier issue.
Add one or more segments to the wall, so the surface cut by boolean is split in more than one polygons.
Alternative may be to turn boolean modifier’s solver to “Exact” but will be way slower.
Would also split in 2 levels and then duplicate the level using reference point duplicate tool to do so.

Reference point also porvide “Create building collection” tool, so select all reference points for the building and use the tool, then you are able to create collection instance to “scatter” your buildings across the scene.

1 Like

Sorry, i haven`t found the “kill archipack parameters” in “Tools” tab of 3d view. Please show me what you mean. Thanks.

Enable Tools tab with “s” :wink:

Thanks again. I had to give up as it was too complicated and time consuming. I did add more segments to the walls but then other windows started missing the boolean also. Several times Blender just crashed or froze.

Ended up starting from scratch with a cube for the building and my own window from regular ojects but no boolean as too many windows in this project. The glass reflection will do.

Will use archipack for the fire escape stairs and the roofs as they look hard to make :wink:

Hello, I’m facing a Traceback error when I try to Draw a wall. I can’t do it.
How can I fix it?

Download and setup latest version 2.3.4 (take a look at you e-mails).

Hello, I have a old building to model and walls have not the same width (between 50 and 70 cm). Could you add an option in the Archipack → Axis menu to override the width for each segment ?

Other thing, the roof has 2 slopes, it starts with something like 50% from the top and 40% for the last 2 meters on each side. Could you add an option to add segments for this :

Hi Manolo,
You must create as many walls as required with different thicnkess, “by segment thickness” is not an option as it will prevent energy analysis and wall layers.

For such roof shapes, you should rely on custom mesh as input, starting by a plane.

Ok thanks. I just tried the custom mesh, it seems to work. Does it support n-gones or it’s better with quads/tris ?

Does it seem ok to you :

The red circle is just to ask if it’s ok not too see arrows to modify dimensions : all has to be done with the custom mesh right ?

In custom mesh mode, the shape is driven by mesh. It does support ngons.

stephen is there real world paper size in mm in inkscape 1.1 which came out yesterday? Thanks