Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for a great, very useful but still fordable addon. I’m using it more and more in my work.

I cannot download the new version, for some reason there’s no trace of me ever buying the product on my gumroad account. It offers me to buy it again. Any help on why this is or how to solve it? Feel kinda stupid right now.

@ Stephen,

I have two questions:

Custom objects setup

• How to setup custom a round arch , a lowered segmental arch and a basket handle to add to a wall or opening?

Wall finishing

• How to make an engraving and embossing from a 3D object / model on a partial face of a wall?
    Photo

Custom_Opening_ wall.blend (526.0 KB)

J’ai deux questions:

ARC, ANSE DE PANIER ETC… PERSONNALISÉ PARAMETRIQUE

• Comment configurer un arc plein ceintré, un arc surbaissé et un anse de panier personnalisé pour ajouter sur un mur ou une ouverture ?

FINITION DES MURS ( Embossage et gravure)

• Comment faire une gravure et une embossage à partir d’un objet/modèle 3D sur une face partielle d’un mur ?

Hi,
You may achieve custom openings / arcs through custom objects, take a look at Custom objects setup. https://youtu.be/7b3eCwpu2ZY

Setup engraving volume as “Custom hole” so it does “cut” the wall. There is no “Union” mode in custom objects, so for embossing you should simply locate the object over the wall, and optionally use a boolean modifier to add it to the wall.
If you rely on blender’s boolean, ensure your volumes are properly closed, and there is no coplanar faces.

Hi !
Pushed a small tutorial about fast terrain generation in 2.0.7 using scipy (up to 20x faster)
Keep in mind that it is still experimental.

2 Likes

I’m very interested about terrain generation.
Any fast solution is more than welcome.

I’d like to know if it should be useful and able to generate something “quickly” in a scenario like this.
Consider to build a large environment for realtime task. As large, I mean something like this.

Are you interested of building a system that, giving a priority path, it models the environment around the path using real data (or fake ones)??

Should be there something like this in your development plans or not?

Hi Marcatore,

In large scale games / geographic applications, terrains usually use a 3d algorithm weighting points depending on surface derivation so you wont miss any important point and are able to predict the quality of final mesh, coupled with progressive streaming for new points to client application refining model according on the fly loading / destroying data based on current location, direction vector and device capacity.
On server side you need a strong algorithm to query your datas. Keep in mind that at earth scale, even with 1km based grid there are 900 billions points - more than 70% are flat water, but 30% still is a huge dataset. Such grid based datasets are likely to miss required precision to properly fit with your needs.

It’s far away from what we currently are able to do even with scipy. Scipy use a 2d algorithm so you can’t weight points depending on surface derivation, and 1 input point is one output point whatever the influence on the final solution.
The current implementation take care of filtering out over sampled datas and by doing so result in a cleaner surface than regular delaunay, but may also miss important / break points at large filter scale as the filter occurs before triangulation and only take 3d proximity into account.

Thank you for your reply.

As the environment detail seems the big problem (and I can well understand the reason) and considering that my request is more games oriented, I should be quite happy if it should be developed a system like this https://holymooses.com/PRL/
If you ask me “if youh appy with it, why you don’tuse it”, I reply that PRL tool is not public available and the developer (reading on his discord channel) seems now busy with “real life” matters that take on hold the project.

So, I’m looking to someone that should build something similar and as I see your terrain generator I was curious if something shall be done in the future. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how you would create a square bay window or any bay window type?

I don’t really understand the details for Bend window to fit a curved wall and my attempt at crossing windows dosn’t work.

Although I did manage to get something, but it’s clearly a bug from not deleting a previous window. :frowning_face:

Hi,
In order to “bend” a window, select the wall, then use wall’s manipulators for this opening.

1 Like

@stephen_leger, found it. :+1:

Hi Stephen,
unfortunately with the 2.8 build from today, blender crashes immediately, if I try to create more then one wall or paint a Wall with Archipack Pro. Could you please take a look at it, if you have time.

Hi,
thank you for reporting, i’m able to repro here with a custom build done yesterday under linux too.
I’ll try to narrow down this issue and fix as soon as possible.
Looks like it is related to “Auto manipulate” feature so in the meantime you should disable it in the create panel.

Thank’s for the fast response!
Yes, if i disable Auto manipulate, it works normally.

And thanks for you work on this addon! It is really fantastic!
Greetings from Germany

Narrowed down the issue, still left to make in depth tests to ensure it doesn’t break anything else.
Will probably push update to 2.0.8 monday, including other small bugfixes

• preset thumbnails generator
  • fix of .ifc exporter brep
  • flipped terrain normals when generated using scipy
3 Likes

Hi,
Released Archipack PRO 2.0.8 today, this is a bug fix release for recent changes done in blender 2.8 API.

You may donwnload from your gumroad account.

1 Like

Seeing crashing on wall creation, and roof creation with 2.0.8 and latest builds. Windows 10, GTX-980.

Hi thank you for reporting,
Updated with hot fix, please re-download and let me know if you still encounter the same issue.

Thanks for the reply. Still no luck. I’ve tried it with the June 7 Blender build and the May 26 build.
Here is the error I’m seeing on wall creation:

This error is fixed in the code of the 2.0.8 available on gumroad,
looks like there is still the old one in the python cache.

In order to update,

• Open preferences -> add-ons
  • Disable archipack
  • press “Remove”
  • Close preferences dialog or save preferences
  • Restart blender
  • Setup the new one

Thanks. I thought I went through all of those steps, but will try again.