Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

I few more feature requests.
Or perhaps they exist but I don’t know how to achieve them:
windows - how can the glass be offset from the center of the frame? Perhaps there could be an option in the panel frame for offset from center

At this time it is not possible.

it would be good to have an option to disable the window frame - for rail windows to be able to hide the frame with an option for minimal top and bottom rail that could be booleaned out of ceiling and floor materials for a more seamless look

Nice idea

could there be an option for a custom profile for the window/panel frame

Panel class does support custom curve as profile, however there must be strict rules in the vertex order to be able to create glass and handle material indexes so may be possible, but not that user friendly.

could there be an option to remove archipack association for an object for further modification? Sometimes, I’ve experienced customizing an object that’s linked to something else in archipack in such a way that if I adjust the other object, the one I want to customize gets reset

→ tools “Kill parameters”

could there be an option for windows and doors for manual boolean - provide the linked bool box outside of the auto-boolean system? I’ve tried to insert doors and windows into non archipack objects - even if I convert the objects to archipack wall, the boolean fails.

Boolean are likely to fail when the wall’s geometry is not closed, ensure the y parameter of the window is equal or greater than wall and the window pivot is at wall’s axis, you may use draw a window tool over custom walls and it does take care of window location and y adjustment.

is there an anticipation to have more builtin presets for railings, doors, and other objects? I’m curious to hear to know how much I need to build up a custom library or whether there are other presets that are in the works?

Not at this time, there are so many different needs, and parametric nature of those objects allow pretty fast customization. You may share presets using File->export->export archipack prest (.apk) and import back. The export does a .zip of your custom preset folder.

I would like to have multi-material walls - eg. one material up to 900mm and another from 900mm upwards. Perhaps multi width as well? Or two walls that are linked from the same curve?

You may link as many walls as you want to the same curve (or duplicate your wall) - use “auto-boolean” to cut both walls with openings, maybe a dumb flat finishing like current floors grout may do the trick ?

A few bugs

i’ve had an error for a internal blind for a slanted window 0.5m wide by 1.5m tall, rotated 40 degress for roof skylights. External blind comes in the correct size but the internal blind is much wider and offset in the wrong position. I can adjust the blind seperately but if i make an adjustment to the window, the blind resets to the odd dimensions and location.

Will take a look at this issue soon

this overlap has been bothering me for a while, between the assets browser and the viewport header

Will move the browser 10 pixels down.

The crown and base molding options from within a wall create strange results of overlapping. I suspect they are made to work with walls that complete enclose a space? Also the options are quite hidden. Could there be an option similar to blinds for windows to introduce them? E.g molding inside or molding outside.

Molding geometry depends on wall and a geometrical analysis to try to find the right “outside” of the wall. While those tools (xxx from wall) depends of a selected wall it was somewhat logical to add them to a dedicated panel inside wall’s object.
You may reverse the molding orientation using “Reverse” in the Axis tab.

Hi jfcnav,
You may edit both sides and manipulators location at any time after creation using the “Custom” button and the small button beside “Custom” for manipulators location.

Thanks for the speedy feedback, Stephen!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it worked somehow.
Let me explain further, After I press the Esc key to exit the custom creation mode, if I click on the small “tool” icon as you suggested, I can only edit the Manipulators (see picture B). What I’m trying is to be able to edit the settings that you can see in the (picture A).

Is it possible?

Cheers,
Juan

Hi jcfnav,
In order to restart the “custom setup” step, click on the “suzan” button.

Thanks I see, too bad it reset the previous settings. Would be great if it could “remember” them.
Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Juan

Hi Stephen,
Every time I add a roof to the wall and choose the option to cut border, the whole roof appears next to the wall, sometimes rotated 90 degrees. Does that sound familiar?
When I don’t choose the option to cut borders, it’s ok. I tried it with very simple walls and more complicated, but always the same kind of displacement.

Hi Peetie,
Could be a side effect of some recent “improvement” in curve input, will take a look at this issue.
Roof axis orientation depends on “best fitting rectangle” so axis follow greater side orientation.

1 Like

I checked in Archipack 2.2.3, but happens there as well. Here an example:
archipack_roof
I use often overflow 0.3 and cut borders.

Checked with Blender 2.82 and Blender 2.81

Yep,
According release notes

• Fix from curve object’s origin depending on curve orientation

landed in 2.2.3 and probably is the source of this issue.

In the meantime, select the cutter, rotate by hand at object level, then select and update the roof (or change anything to the cutter) should fix it.

1 Like

Hi Stephen,
I picked up Pro on gumroad a couple days ago. The version I downloaded is 2.0.9. Doesn’t seem to be any way to upgrade this as there’s no option in preferences nor in links.
Please let me know how to fix.

Hi,
You should get e-mails from both gumroad / blender-archipack with download / update information right after sale.
Feel free to send your gumroad e-mail account through PM so i can send a new mail with links.

Thank you! Everything had gone to my spam folder :frowning: I can’t wait to start using this!

It would be good to have this option as if i manually move the windows panels and then adjust the window assembly, the panels reset to their default position

Here is a file with the window blind errors that were generated by simply pressing blind in

window-blind-errors.blend (4.1 MB)

On a seperate note, is there a way to copy/paste settings without creating a preset? Could have an option in the tools bar to copy and paste object properties.

Another feature suggestion:

• could there be an separate blinds for each window panel? In my experiences, blinds usually cover a single window panel as opposed to the whole window assembly.

Hi,
Implemented glass offset and thickness.

There are many possible layouts for inside blinds, eg venetian blinds often cover the whole assembly and overflow on the sides.
On the other hand when blind is close to glass / by panel like for Velux™ skylight there is no lateral offset.

This was the main reason to build blinds as separated object.
Should provide more control for inside blind right in window entity so at least location / overflow will keep in synch.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

You are right. it could go either way depending on the style. Here are a few screenshots of separate blinds.

Logic with a separate object for further manipulation definitely makes sense. Perhaps within the window assembly, there could be an option to create one blind for the whole window assembly or one blind per panel?

Another small feature request - could the nice stats for stairs for rise and going include three decimal places. I know it may have been designed to work in mm, but if working in m, 0.2m could be anything from 0.150m to 0.249m I assume.

Further, it seems that there may be a slope to the base board in this stair example:

Any suggestions of how to make it flat?

Stairs 4 parts, 2 middle parts as “Curved landing”

Hi,
Maybe not quite in the subject but seeing above glazed partitions
I thought of potential/?/ capability of AP to import&manipulate /as native ArchiPack objects/
widely available BIM assets, libraries, like those for Revit eg. ??

Unfortunately bim (.ifc) format only store object’s geometry so there is no reliable way to make them manipulable out of the box. It is still possible to turn them into “Custom” manipulable objects.

Also having “manipulable” bim is somewhat against the bim concept itself where given model of furniture is finite and should not be changed as it also may contains factory reference.

Changed precision to 3 to display those values, but also may end up in precision issues in the display like 24.999.
By the way unit setup for archipcak should be meter - all presets are meter based.

1 Like