Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Hi Stephen!

Great!
And regarding the curves, some special treatment like remove doubles, type of curve, and that?
I found better lower resolution on the detection settings for normal straight designs.

Thanks, Pato

Hi Pato,
Input either as bezier or poly, if there are no curved parts, poly will be faster or you may lower bezier estimation to a single segment.

Hi Stephen,

I used polyline curves, I had some problems with the orange continuation-passing some windows so I made some closed objects on the openings, but sometimes giving trouble some times not.

Then I manage to close all polygons, I made opening windows, all good, maybe a bit slower than expected, but all good. Then I selected all polygons to make walls, and some of them had problems to be created as you can see in the attached picture.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers, Pato.

Hi Pato,
Could you share the file ? (mail to support)

Hi,

Released archipack 2.3.3, compatible with blender 2.91 today.

Highlights for this version, beside many other bugfixes.

• “Auto-synchro” feature now is a global parameter so you are able to disable once for all objects.
  • Triangular top shape for windows through “top circle” and 2 segments.

Change logs are here

Use either the auto-updater or use / request a download link on blender-archipack

4 Likes

Sure stephen!
and thanks for the 2.3.3 :pray:

Cheers,
Pato.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the update,
For me , archipack goes superslow. Editing window settings, make my workcomputer think for seconds. Don’t know, maybe its just my computer, but its quite powerful.
I like the new trriangular top shape, perfect thing.
Question:

Haven’t found a way to minimise the height of this part in the image. Is it possible ?

Cheers
Chris

Hi,
Height depends on radius, but as it still is based on circle you are not able to go under 45° for sides and 90° on top.
You may use “elliptic top” instead.

stephen, in the downloads at gumroad the file to download is “archipack_20.9” and not 2.3.3 where do I get the update?

Nevermind… I used the updater and clicked on manual download and it worked.

Hi Ector3,

Auto updater should work, if it does fail, beside error message you’ll find a download link (may require your gumroad account e-mail).

You also may request update by e-mail using this link

Slow down may be an issue with base file with many entity eg when you import a dxf base as many lines.

Dont know why but Autoupdater never worked for me ))

Hi Stephen:

Is there a way that When I drag a wall like this one, it can be made to easily snap to the other wall that it is intersecting?

Thanks
TIM

Hi Tim,
Either both walls are not child of same reference point or the wall is intersecting itself (wich is not supported)

Ahhh ok, that makes sense – ive got a whole bunch of reference points all over the place – how do I avoid that?

Tim

I have the visibility on the references turned off, thats not hurting things is it?

I guess to my perspective, one reference point per floor and maybe an additional one for the roof seems ideal, but I dont really know how / why things work the way that they do

TIM

You are right, should only be one reference point for each level.
Use the “Merge” tool of reference point, select points to be merged, the last one will remains.

Basically reference points are a convenient way to allow easy location change for the level, and from code point of view, they limit the scope of objects to look at when it comes to snap and synchronize, so it is not necessary to look at all objects in the scene.

is it possible / acceptable to manually un/parent and then Reparent objects from the references? – Ive been sitting here doing that :smiley:

Yes it is possible, but merge takes care of holes too in the process.
If you manually merge, use the Auto-boolean tool to reparent holes.

Well thats a good thing, since I havent made any holes yet, Im just at the point of getting the walls laid out and havent started doors and windows.

you mentioned using the references so that you dont have to see everything at once… do you do that by turning off the visibility of a referrence (like the first floor one) to turn off the whole first floor or how is that done, and also, when adding a new item that should be parented to a given reference, how do I do that?

Thanks for all the help Stephen – hows the new house coming along – are you moved in yet?

TIM