Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Hi @stephen_leger ,
I have a problem with cutting the roof.
Could you help me solve the problem?

I attach image and Blendfile:

Roof Cutter Issue.blend (2.3 MB)

Stephen, have you got an explanation please ? More, I tried to render my project and none of the booleans are rendered (openings or roofs), see screenshot :

I checked if the Render is checked in the Modifier panel for AutoMixedBoolean and yes.

It works in rendered mode.

Roof cutter can’t split a roof in 2 parts, so i guess you must use some margin outside so it is a bit larger than roof.
As far as i can tell, you should be able to achieve such result using “child” roofs.
Take a look at roof tutorial video

Ensure that the boolean modifier is enabled on screen.
Would model such things in 2 parts (one for each roof) and use the autofit roof for lower par walls, so at least for walls you will not need any boolean.

Thanks I solved it.

It remains the missing manipulators. As you saw on the .gif, even with a large wall and only one opening, it failed. You can try with the bug.blend I let few posts above.

I hope I’m not annoying, but I need to fix this for a job.

I used the child roofs to compose that roof:
main roof (1 green);
first child (2 yellow),
second child (3 blue).

I can’t understand why the second child doesn’t cut the main roof like the first child does.
It is a limitation of the addon or a bug?
if it is a limit in the future could it be exceeded?

I apologize if I misinterpreted your answer.

Greetings Masterblop

Hi,
I guess this new tutorial from The CG Essentials may help in your situation.

I watched his video and even from him the child roof does not cut the roof:

Use a negative angle instead for left child (-90 instead of 270°). If the cutter still did not the job, you may increase the “y location” to something like 0.0001

Thanks a lot!!
The negative rotation solved the problem :beers:

Unable to repro your issue here, anything special like auto-synch disabled ?
Any error in the console ?

Yes, that the Auto synchro that was disabled. I disabled it to make levels independent as you told me once by email (so slab of the 1st floor keeps its shape despite what I do on the 1st floor).

Thanks.

Hi.

I just recently purchased this and used it with Blender 2.83 with no issues. I’ve now installed Blender 2.92 as I need something more recent for a new project but am having problems creating windows and Doors to add to a wall. They don’t appear at all and just show the attached error messages. The same thing happens with creating a roof but at least the roof is displayed and the error message eventually dissapears.

I can create a wall and even tried stairs and fence with no problems but just the doors, windows and roof throw a wobbler and not sure how to proceed :frowning:

I’ve set the correct path to the material library in the preferences so that’s not the problem. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Hi Andrew,
Download and setup latest version of archipack (take a look at this post)

That did the trick. Thanks very much for your prompt help with is. Appreciate it.

Hello Stephen, I have a window that is throught 2 floors. I used the existing AutoBoolean to make the cut in the walls, it worked but when I use the Slab Cutter to make an hole in the slab, I loose the material on a side of the slab (see screenshots).

Could you share the file (simplified) so i can narrow down your issue ? pm / mail to support / web transfert.

I sent you a PM.

This isn’t terribly common, but I’m curious what the best way to handle trimless doorframes would be. There are multiple styles, but I’m looking specifically for this kind:

I drew up a quick cross section to better illustrate the problem. It’s not to scale or anything, I just wanted to show the parts.

The quarter round gets painted the same color as the wall. The side of the wood that is only 1/4inch tall sometimes gets painted white, and sometimes gets painted the color of whatever room/hallway it’s facing.

Because of the quarter round, the overall thickness of the door would have to snap to whatever the thickness of the wall is. I know you can adjust that, I just didn’t know if you can make a custom object automatically snap to that.
I also wasn’t sure if there was a way to have the quarter round automatically take on the material of the wall it cuts into. Realistically, it would be best if the boolean object for cutting the wall wasn’t just a rectangle, but instead had the quarter round built on to match the edge of the wall. This way the wall and quarter round remains one piece. And it Might be easier to get ArchiPack to automatically assign the materials to those faces. I say might because I’m not sure it works that way. Don’t booleans usually just take on the material of whatever it is cutting, or take on the material of the cutter? If that is the case, the only way I can think of to do it is to cut it with 2 booleans. One that goes halfway in which would take on the material of that wall, then another boolean that would cut through the other direction, which would take on the material of that side of the wall. And if there are hotlining issues doing that, then you’d have to add a 3rd boolean where First you cut all the way through, but slightly smaller, then the other two don’t cut quite all the way through, leaving a small ridge in the middle (which would be hidden).

I guess the best way to achieve such things is to consider quarter rounds as part of the frame, so you only need a simple rectangle boolean.
When you setup manipulators of the custom object, set thickness manipulators so they snap to the wall, this thickness will change according the wall when you draw custom objects.

Would avoid such complicated holes as it is likely to fail with boolean modifier.