Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Stephen, how can I have the floor moldings stop at the doors and full height windows?
I have a closed loop outside wall and separate interior walls snapped to it.
Doors and full height windows in all of them.

Initially I drew floor moldings before I put doors and windows in. These moldings appeared correctly, but did not get interrupted where the full height doors and windows are located.
I also tried deleting these moldings and creating a new set after all the windows and doors where present by selecting all walls. Unfortunately the interior walls got ignored while doing this.

Must be doing something wrong (again). Appreciate your help.

My best guess for moldings failing to take inside walls into account is probably an issue with multiple reference points and so all your walls does not belong to the same reference point.
It also may be an issue with crossing walls somewhere leading to a “topology error” in molding creation process.

The perfect workflow is to design openings before adding floors / moldings. If you need to add say one door, it is possible to “slice” molding into 2 objects and snap both sides according, but would not advice to do so with multiple openings, as the automatic process is way faster.

1 Like

2.5.1 + B 3.3.1 Having trouble placing windows and doors. Blender crashes with no error message. Sometimes when placing a window, sometimes when choosing it from library. Same with doors. Anyone else having this issue? tried 3.1 too. Turned off all addons.

1 Like

Stephen, while I am on it, little suggestion, add light panels under the hanging wall cabinets.
I add them manually right now, but, they would be nice to have :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

I am aware, as probably many others, of dynamic BL coding progress which in many cases breaks and/or disables functionality of the addons. Nevertheless I d have nothing against paying for developer’s work to keep the addon working, especially if it might bring some essential functionality, capabilities etc.
Therefore I d suggest you, Stephen, to consider a path to maintain working Archipack /incl.multiple handles-markers, roof windows etc/ and charging your additional work - beside mainstream development, version numbering etc. How do you think?

Hi, got some minor question re gabled roofing:
Parameter ‘Bargeboard’ defines generally the element mounted on a gable wall.
Apparently it seems to define also surrouding for any opening within the roof surface /here: Velux window/.
However in case of an opening t should show upwards, a recess within roofs thicknes while it looks opposite:

Or maybe Iam doing sth improperly and theres some other option to define such opening -could anybody explain ??

Usually one must build some structure between beams in order to support the skylight weight.
Looks like you simply disabled beams. You should lower altitude of the “paneling” (independent object, child of roof) so it lie below beams.

No. You dont have supporting structure unless you plan to cut the beam for a wider-than-beam-span ‘Velux’. But thats a remark only. Alu profile substructure for eg. gypsum-plaster undercovering maybe…;
Nevertheless:
Ive turned off the beams/they get cut-out too much in between/ and bargeboard also but played with thickenss of ‘Panelling’ /no idea what ‘panelling’ has to do with it/.

Hi,

Got a question re cloning/copying AP objects: have created a ‘catwalk’ using object FLOOR.
Adding additinal segments, +A, causes it to loose its AP features/Solidify/. Therefore Ive copied one FLOOR and modified the other for my needs. However: Ive received flat faces w/out any features.material whatsoever. No chance to SOLIDIFY. Tried different combinations w/making object local, single user etc. Whats suggested workflow for multiplying and modifying AP objects?

I’m still having 3.3.1 LTS shutting down randomly when inserting doors or windows :confused: any help guys?

In blender’s preferences, interface tab, enable “developper extras”, then in “experimental”, enable “Undo legacy”

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

Please see this post I made:

I want to be able to use different board textures like done in this video:

It should be possible right? If the floorboards in archipackmodel are the correct size.
Creating a single square tiled texture from all my different textures kind off defeats the purpose of the high quality. Since they are not tileable.

Cheers.

Archipack use random uvs trick by moving regular uvs using random vetex colors, like it is slicing different parts of a huge sample surface of the material, usually a 1x1 or 2x2 meter tileable texture, so basically you only need one big texture and never will encounter twice the same board.
You also may use the random part to alter eg saturation and / or value of the tiles to add randomness.

This is the result of regular uvs + random vertex colors
random_uvs_sample

Hi Stephen,

bought your addon couple of Weeks ago, really love your Job dude , you make ArchViz so much easier!

I wanted to ask you something related about the Roofs,

i attached an Image to clarify a little bit.

Is it possible to reshape the roof like in the image ? I couldnt find any option.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi, does Archipack run on the Mac OS versions of Blender?

Hi,
Either use a custom mesh as input for the shape, or you may rely on “slope constraints”

Hi,
Yes, archipack does work on any platform blender does - (windows, mac os, linux).

Oh! I’ve got an idea for a few features:

1. Match property brush/tool for type/materials w/o having to access library
  2. the second one might be a bit more complicated. I’d love to see the ability to have multiple Archipack collectiona in a single file. Archipack A, Archipack B or custom names.
  3. How does one rename/remove archipack library objects after you create them? Is there a way to rename? Can you add folders to the library? I’d love to have windows in sets w/o having to scroll :slight_smile:

Hi @stephen_leger ,

sorry but i have another Question.

Is it possible to change the placement of the handle from the windows ?

I have not found any option to do so, the same way like it is for the doors for example.

Thanks for any answer

Hi Steven, hope you are doing well.

I have a comment about stairs: U stair handrail and stringer seem to be a bit off. In a 3 part stair, consisting of (1) straight stair, (2) curved landing with stright left and right parts, and (3) straight stair, the stringer is not aligned

Also, is there a way to connect the handrails?

blender_DBoJH5r9n3

Here are some references

It seems that, perhaps there could be a way to tell that if there is a landing, some of the parts of the next stair element should extend down into the landing, like the stringer and the handrail until they meet the landing parts

Best,
Dimitar