Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

If you create the hole after the molding it will not cut the molding.
As workaround, you may split the molding by hand, select the molding then mouse over the center of your door, then use the “s” shortcut and edit both sides by hand.

Ok thanks!
So moulding has to be the last thing… i’m still understandig the workflow…

Hi, I got Archipack 2.8.0 PRO add-on a few days ago and I am learning how to best use it.
What is the best way to model ramps? The stairs object is very nice since you can add posts/ rails, strings and have many possible shapes. Is there a possibilty to have ramps? Currently I am just putting the maximum number of steps so it aproximates a ramp. This is not ideal as the rendering becomes very heavy. Thanks for such a wonderfull work!

Hi Vicente,
Would rely on a simple plane, and edit altitudes by hand.

Ok.
Then I add a stair while designing to benefit of all the possible parameters it has. Once the design is fixed I add the plane, join them together, remove the steps below the plane and finally kill the stair object parameters to avoid that steps are regenerated.

Perfect, thanks Stephen!

How do ceiling presets work?

1. I have created a generic 10x300 wall
  2. Added the ceiling “White board”
  3. Edited the altitude -1cm and thickness +1cm
  4. Pressed + sign to add a preset
  5. Gave it the name “boards 15mm”
    Removed the previous ceiling
  6. Clicked ceilings and select “boards 15mm”
  7. The ceiling is created but still with thickness 5mm instead of the 15mm that I tried to save in the preset

Thanks!
Vicente.

Hello,

how do I properly adjust the angle of the roof? I would like the walls to automatically adjust (it just did it once in the beginning but adjusting never worked anymore :anguished:).
I tried to type in the degree of the slope (right marked box), I tried the percentage. I tried to click the height of the lip (red box middle of screenshot) and adjust the number to no avail/result. Whenever i try to adjust and press enter i get some errors (left red box).

Note: Very much a beginner, and very likely I do something crucial wrong :slightly_smiling_face:. And obviously I would like to design a very simple Shed to calculate materials and measurements from it. So any helpful hints are very welcome from anyone.

Thank you in advance -bow-

Looks like a bug in triangular ends (you should disable it in Axis tab, expand Seg 1).

1 Like

Will take a look.
Well, altitude and thickness are blacklisted in preset.
Altitude depends on surrounding walls so it does not make sense to actually alter it each time you load a preset.
Can’t remember why thickness also is blacklisted (not saved), looks like does not make any sense to ignore while loading / saving a preset.

Yes. It makes sense. Altitude to not be saved and calculated based on the wall where the ceiling is generated, taking in account the thickness which I believe should be saved.

Thanks,!
Vicente

Stephen,
Should what may be a bug be raised in this forum? If not, can you tell how to report it, please?

Ex. If I use the symbol & in the text for the “Scale Prefix” field of the Layout object, when exporting to .svg, the generated file when viewed throws an error of the type: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

imagen

Thanks!
Vicente.

Hi Vdl,
For reports use mail to support.
My best guess here is that spacial chars “&” may not be supported - require encoding.

Understood. Thanks!

Vicente.

You may find valid codes for xml here :

In order to display a & use &

Thanks Stephen!
I just tried it:

1. Added the xml encoding and pusehd “Export .svg”
  2. No errors in the xml file and the right result

Thanks!
Vicente.

Hi Stephen,
I am trying to understand the implications of using “automatic holes” for windows and doors vs doing them manually.
Here is an example in which:

1. I added walls with window and door:
    A- Uses automatic holes for the window and door
    B- No automatic hole but I have added two holes in the position where the windows and doors are located (Hole_Door_B & Hole_Windows_B)
  2. The layout to .svg shows the symbols in the case they have automatic holes enabled but not otherwise.

Is this expected behaviour? Is there a way to force to get the symbols of doors and windows in the .svg layout when they do not have “automatic hole” enabled?

Thanks!
Vicente.

Solved my issue perfectly, much appreciated!
Thank you, Sir!

The reason why I was doing manual holes was because when snapping together several windows in the same wall, the viewport display for solid/material/render was not properly rendered.
I snapped them together using CAD transform 2.0.6 so it was precise.

I have found that in that case if the autoboolean/automerge/solver for the unions is changed from “fast” to “exact” it then renders properly (sometimes with only changing to “exact” the last boolean union is enough).

1. The render when the modifier is in the default “fast mode”

2. The render when the modifier is in “exact mode” (in this case just by doing it in the last three is enough to get a proper render)

Maybe a possible feature for the next version of ArchipackPRO is to change to “exact” mode in the unions if there is snapping between windows?

Regards,
Vicente.

Pretty interesting solution, basically turn to exact from last and up until problem solved !

Would avoid any automatic solver switch to “exact” mode as unfortunately it is so painfully slow that it may prevent any interactive real-time move of other openings - you may try to move any of your windows, and you’ll see what i mean.

You are right! I did not realize the implication of turning to “exact” had to interactive movements. So yes, better to keep it as it is and just turn to “exact” the minimum from the last once the design is pretty defined.
Thanks!
Vicente.