Archiviz- simple exterior, thesis help

This was done as last minute help for a senior at college- his thesis submission (National Institute for the Visually Handicapped, Deheradun India).
The entire work- modelling to finished renders, and stitched sections took about 3 days of almost continuous work. I want to know if you think this is fast enough… because, this didn’t have any details. Almost zero texturing. And it was a project of a slightly larger scale, compared to what i’ve done so far, but still, 3 days is a long time…
Although this project is over, any c&c would help me a lot in future projects.

### Click Here for an even larger version of above image. ### (2900x1200 910kb)

Other views:

http://abhiram.sharma.googlepages.com/RooftopSmall2.jpg
Rooftop View

http://abhiram.sharma.googlepages.com/MuseumElevSmall2.jpg
Museum Elevation

http://abhiram.sharma.googlepages.com/ContextModel.jpg
Context Model

A lot more renders were used, but i don’t want to bore you with those. In total, we had 2 sections and 2 views of each building of this campus. Plus 2 Site sections. And about 5-6 3d views of site. And 2 views of the context model.

Simple and effective results, nicely presented and completed on time. That’s fast enough. :slight_smile:

Very much like the simple render style and the ‘Site Section’ image you created.

Thank you, the plain render style was used because it was the look that my friend wanted, he didn’t hv much options though, considering the tight spot he was in :slight_smile:
As far as any submission is concerned, what you are saying is right. As long as it looks complete on time, it’s enough.
I was only wondering if i was slow… maybe i need more practice…
And, i’m looking for work i can do to earn a little…

Thank you, the plain render style was used because it was the look that my friend wanted, he didn’t hv much options though, considering the tight spot he was in :slight_smile:
As far as any submission is concerned, what you are saying is right. As long as it looks complete on time, it’s enough.
I was only wondering if i was slow… maybe i need more practice…
And, i’m looking for work i can do to earn a little…

Like everything speed comes with practice and experience. Experience will lead you on to work out where you need to put the most detail and how you add that detail and where to fake it.

Regarding work, just go for it, pick up small jobs to start with where you can, whether it’s archiviz or logos or whatever, it’s all experience and if you make some cash all the better. :slight_smile:

Good luck, hope to see more.

The finished clay renders look quite effective, judging whether or not you were effective with your timing is hard to assess without having more information both on project details and your own methods and experience of modeling and rendering, saying that it looks like you’ve done a good job considering you had 3 days start to finish.
The only thing I would say is that if your friend/client? was planning out and writing a thesis and he knew that he needed to include this sort of material in his submission he should have been on the ball quite a bit sooner.