Archviz project: Scene from CGJuicer altered

Merry Christmas everyone. My last project is an archviz scene. It’s based on a free scene by CGJuicer and almost everything was altered and edited. Textures from Poliigon and VizPeople mainly and plants/trees from Botaniq addon. Everything done in Blender 3.0 and rendered with Cycles X. I hope you like it!

9 Likes

Great work mate! :+1: :+1: :+1:

The only thing that I am not a big fun of is the guy standing on the balcony.
All these 3d human models look like stolen pieces from Madame Tussaud’s museum. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks. I guess you are right. But it was included in the scene and I thought I should keep it for a change… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Α 2nd version with a more dramatic sky…

This is one looks better.
It has more punch

One thing I noticed on the first image and I feel is more obvious on the second one, is the lack of the street material to capture any of the sky/environment reflections in the form of color casting.
Every other material was a bluish tint but the street is like is fully de-saturated.
Maybe you have overdone it with the roughness of the asphalt material.

1 Like

Thanks buddy. I see what you mean. I’ll revisit the scene and check what’s wrong.

PS: And yes, you’re right (again…). I used the default values of the roughness and the combination of the added displacement gave this super rough look to the street. I’m rendering a new version with a slightly more natural feel in the street material.

Here is the final version with the road texture corrected. Thanks @SunBurn for the heads-up.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like