are you bored of trees ?

(malefico) #1

me too, however I don’t have any better to show:

a wide view of the “pampa” (hey, I’m a “gaucho” afterall):

http://malefico.sud.am/wip/vdls-640x480-dof.jpg

a zoom on the tree:

http://malefico.sud.am/wip/vdls.jpg

Tip for newbies (or so): It’s great that materials in Blender can have Global coordinates (That way, colour of different objects with same material change based on its position)(I just discovered it :slight_smile: )

seeya.

malefico.

PS: I have forgotten to turn off the “wire” option in the grass in the previous post. Now it looks better I guess.

(harkyman) #2

I’m still really liking these images. Very serene.

Two questions:

1. Poly count on ALL THAT GRASS?
  2. Bark texture. Procedural? It looks really nice from way back here. Care to post it?

(S68) #3

Hoho!

Really nice! Yes, I love the GLOBAL button for textures;)

Tree looks very natural and leaves too, wonderfull textures and grass… me too is curios on poly number :slight_smile:

Stefano

(malefico) #4

On 2002-03-27 05:25, harkyman wrote:
Two questions:

1. Poly count on ALL THAT GRASS?
  2. Bark texture. Procedural? It looks really nice from way back here. Care to post it?

Well, thanks for the comments.

Here almost two answers:

1. Poly Count. I’m at work now, but I remember it was about 650.000 the whole scene. I’ll tell you the exact number later. I might be wrong on this.

2. Bark texture. 2 Procedural voronoi textures mapped as Tube, plus a cloud. Voronoi, is great to bumpmap ! (just in case, it was at the Blender Resource page)

Cheers.

malefico.

PS: wasn’t it a movie “ALL THAT GRASS” ? :slight_smile:

(kerosene) #5

1. Bark texture. 2 Procedural voronoi textures mapped as Tube, plus a cloud. Voronoi, is great to bumpmap ! (just in case, it was at the Blender Resource page)

it would be cool, if u could upload this tex-plugin… :slight_smile:

(dickie) #6

again,
that kix a$$.

(dickie) #7

again,
that kix a$$.

(SKPjason) #8

Your scene just keep getting better and better… just when I thought you had given us your best… you casually throw another masterpiece into the message board void…

The “Global” trick certainly enhances the image, and that’s quite a cool use of it…

Jason

(paradox) #9

I’m really impressed. The fact that you have a tree + leaves + grass (lots of it) all in one scene is really cool. Any one of the above (tree,leaves, grass) are resource hogs. Well done and on an artistic note, also excellent.

Keep em coming.

Paradox

(Angelo) #10

Very good .

(malefico) #11

On 2002-03-27 11:04, paradox wrote:
The fact that you have a tree + leaves + grass (lots of it) all in one scene is really cool. Any one of the above (tree,leaves, grass) are resource hogs.

Indeed, sometimes during the process, Blender crashed loudly, my coffe-maker almost got fried, and my girlfriend/wife threated me with divorce.
Fortunately, the Decimator was invented BEFORE Blender 2.25 !!! :slight_smile:

Cheers, I’ll keep boring you with trees.

malefico.

(dreamsgate) #12

any chance you want to write a tutorial on your tree? I love it.

(blendererot) #13

where could a guy find the grass generator, and the lastes l-system tree generator at.

(OTO) #14

You didn’t told me that you have bought a SG workstation :slight_smile:
My poor Celeron 400 with 40.000 is near a “heart atack” :frowning:
Very nice image anyway !!!
António