ARG. Blender 2.23 crashes when I load a BG image...

(the wave) #1

Hi. Blender 2.23 is crashing everytime I load an image. I press Shift-F7 then browse for the pic. I click ‘LOAD’ and then press Shift-F5. It gives me a nasty error message. I’m running Windows 2000.

(BgDM) #2

What format is the BG image? Blender only accepts jpg & tga,I beleive.

BgDM

(the wave) #3

It’s a JPG. I wonder if it just won’t work with win2000???

(BgDM) #4

Shoukdn’t be the problem. I used to run Win 2K and used BG images all the time.

This is very weird. Could be a video card issue.

Hopefully someone else will have an answer for you.

Sorry I wasn’t more help. :frowning:

BgDM

(meestaplu) #5

Does Blender crash in the load image dialog, or does it crash once it loads the image?

If it crashes in the load image dialog: First, try deleting the .bpib (I think that’s what they are called) files from your image folders – that’s where Blender saves image thumbnails. If one is corrupt, it could crash Blender nicely. If that doesn’t work…Does the crash happen only if you load from a particular directory? I use a dual Xeon system running win2k and Blender 2.23 that does not like one particular folder. All other folders work fine…

If it crashes on loading the image, I am not sure what the problem could be, but it might be a video card problem – your card might not like loading images that are not square (anyone? could that be a problem?).

Matt

(the wave) #6

Actually I just disovered that it only crashes with certain images. Is there a size limit or something like that?

The error says that it cannot read some memory. Dunno what that’s about.

Thanks so far guys!

(meestaplu) #7

What kind of video card do you have? Is it only images of a certain size that cause Blender to crash, or is it random? Some cards have limitations on the size of the images they can hold as textures; that might be the problem.

Matt

(the wave) #8

I’ll check into it. i can make do for now. thanks…