Armadillo + BTS

Hello everyone!
After days and days of work I finished my project “Armadillo”.
I didn’t use programs like zbrush or substance, just blender.

The Power is not in the tool, the power is in the artist.

You can find the BTS here: Armadillo - Oscurart Project

Hope you like!

20 Likes

A skeleton a rig a walk please.

1 Like

Maybe later :joy:

I ll be please to do it.

Thanks! :grinning:

A bit of posing ,ll project it in the feature row i think.

1 Like

Thanks Skuax!
The idea from the beginning was to show it in that position, at least for the final art!
If they put the job in the box it will be fine, but nothing happens.

Great piece of work!!! I like using only blender too. I used Substance Painter before, and now only Blender, because it requires less memory ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

I don’t want privative software. I don’t wanna depend of autodesk, pixologic… :muscle:

2 Likes

It looks great.

Zbrush gives me lot more fine detail control, and many advanced features makes creation lot more faster in Zbrush instead of spending days with other software to reproduce the same things.

Yes, you can use zbrush… But it’s not the only solution.
Example: Substance give you a lot of presets, it does not made of you an artist … Make of you an operator.
The power is in you… I insist.

Blender will not be usable on very high density models or micro details, Zbrush has very special renderer.

About textures, i made many great textures with Substance Designer, i would not be able to make the same and not as good with traditionnal painting software and layers or using Blender material nodes.

For Blender, yes it is very capable to sculpt anything, but for some things you’ll spend lot more time.
I’m just saying some specialized tools will empower people to do more than what they think they could do with basic tools.

Exactly, but you cant use other methods.

You have now the chance to make a armadillo un zbrush and substance! we wanna see it!

Greetings.