Armature and bones

I use version 2.40 on a PC AMD 64, XP pro etc…
I got the armature and bones working on a model but as I was doing the skinning suddenly the bones desapeared. Nothing I could retrieve, but in the edit window, under link and materials in the menu, I still have a list of armatures with the names I created. L_ and R_ …
Otherwise everything seems gone. Not in layers…
Can somebody give me an idea of what hapened?
Regarding the installation of armature, bones and skinning, would it be possbile to define a method of successive steps? I follow the manual part I “your first animation in 30 minutes part II” but the menus I get do not match the menus described in that manual… Also the colors of the different states of the armatures, bones and wireframe from the model don’t really match at the time of an action.
For example, at the skinning step, the model should look magenta and the armature should be light pink, but following the manual, doing successive selection of the body and then the armatures, the last armature selected is light dark pink because it is the last in focus or active?
It is there that I lost everything… the model and the four armatures…
trying the deselect the last armature before doing the parenting between armature and model…
Some help would be great here…
Thank you
Yves

Could you please post the blend or send it to me? ([email protected])

I’ve never seen this happen.

%<