Armature Animation Refusing to Play

The following .blend includes my progress. However, in Blender 2.67 and later versions, the animation in the armature does not play despite the appropriate logic brick setup. A friend tried it out in Blender 2.56 and it worked fine. Has there been an update to the way armature animations work the Game Engine that I am unaware of?

Assistance would be very much appreciated; I would prefer to continue using the latest Blender.

Thank you very muchly,
TomCat

did you make the file in 2.67? I’ve heard that 2.67 isn’t fully reverse-compatible. Try setting it up again?

its doing funny stuff haha, to let animation work, blender got a funny thing with setting up modifiers. place the armature modifier as the first one (so place it at top) it should work now.

armature modifier must be first. best is not to use any other modifiers on a mesh with an armature, otherwise if can get very slow e.g. you file drop from 60fps to 20 with the subsurf modifier on.
since the arm modifier must be fist, it’s also not possible to use a mirror modifier with it to mirror vertex groups.

its doing funny stuff haha, to let animation work, blender got a funny thing with setting up modifiers. place the armature modifier as the first one (so place it at top) it should work now.

Yes! That’s it, thank you so much. Your help is highly appreciated.

otherwise if can get very slow e.g. you file drop from 60fps to 20 with the subsurf modifier on.

Yes, I am aware of this, but thank you for reminding me. I hadn’t noticed any frame drops but I suppose I can guarantee them on older machines. Thank you.

you will not notice frame drops until the armature modifier actually works