armature missing in Mac OS X?

I’ve been trying to find the armature for a few days now… all the tutorials say… go to Add or hit the space bar and add an amarture… but there is no armature listed…

I’m running Mac OS X 10.4.3 with Python 2.3. I downloaded both Blender 2.3 and 2.4 and the armature doesn’t show up in either.

Is the armature not available on OS X version of blender?

Are you sure that you’re not still in edit mode on some other object?

%<

I’m sure… i’ve been doing this ginger bread man tutorial and armature doesn’t show up in object or edit mode… it’s just not in the menu anywhere. Is Armature a plugin or something?

I’ve been trying to find it for a few days now… and all the tutorials say… it should be in the menu… it’s not.

It’s in the “ADD” menu with mesh camera lamp and stuff. “SPACEBAR”

deleted both Blender 2.3 and 2.4 and reinstalled them… armature shows up now with Spacebar… go figure

another thing is… the whole SubSurf block (subsurf, catmull, sibdivide, optimal, etc) is missing frm the Mesh menu on 2.4… it shows up on 2.3

Or is this just another Eidetiken quirk?

Not so much a quirk as an oversight :slight_smile: It’s now a modifier and is therefore in the modifiers panel.

Ah thanks… I think my oversight qualifies as an Eidetiken specific quirk :slight_smile: having a hard time finding my way around the interface… even after watching all the interface tutorials.