Armature Question(s)

Apologies in advance if this should be posted in Python Script forum, but I think it may be more of an armature question.

I used the motion capture import script, then the empties to armature script. All of this worked fine. However, in object and pose mode, I can only see the left half of the armature. I can only see both halves when in edit mode. Is this normal? And if so, how do I pose the right side of the armature?

EDIT - OK, I found the answer to the firt question (and wasn’t it rather sporting of me not to make a new post just to get to 100). Apparently, the bones on the right side were created with the exact same names as the bones on the left. As soon as I change the names, the are visible in Object and pose mode.

Another general question - If num pad 1 is the front view, and I am looking at the front of a character (humanoid), shouldn’t the armature option be Z-axis mirror instead of X-axis mirror?

Thanks for your time!

I think that mirroring in Blender refers to an action “along” a certain axis, not “respect” an axis (eg.: Mirroring along X axis is the same thing as mirroring respect Z axis… just two different ways to say it).

At least, that’s how I see it…

Computers are mathamatical in there ways .When asked to mirror something they simply change the axis direction ie if something is at X 10 and is mirrored in the x axis it will become X-10.

Hazza, Pr,

I aggree, but when I am in the front view, and have x-axis mirror on (for armature) both bones are created on the same side…nearly overlapping.

Now I’m at 100.

Thanks for your time!

Yes but the mirroring works to the centre of the armature bone, so even though the ends can cross the X 0 the centres of the armature will be equally dispossed about X 0 .