Armory3D | Release Notes

2022.07 - July Release

July is here 4 new pull requests from the great contributors - Great work!

New builds are out and can be downloaded on Itch

Get started using Armory3D today!

Learn more at the official Armory3D Wiki

Highlights

Please note that for this release it is required to re-download the full SDK rather than using the “Update SDK” option, in order to the the correctly updated SDK version.

Also worth nothing in this months release is that the bug (#1772) limiting point lights on DirectX have been resolved:

Additions

• #2503 - MoritzBrueckner added object Info node: make “random” output random per GPU instance

Fixes

• #2502 - MoritzBrueckner added fix color ramp node for factors left of the left-most stop
  • #2501 - MoritzBrueckner added align RGB to grayscale luminance with Blender
  • #2500 - MoritzBrueckner added fix node tree caching

Other changes

• ArmSDK: #46 - MoritzBrueckner fixed SDK updater: also update armory.py
  • Iron: #165 - Lampysprites added Initialize scene’s object properties

Support the Armory3D fund!

2 Likes

The Link at:
“Support the Armory3D fund!”
leads to a 404.

Good catch! Should be fixed now. The releases notes is under going a major restructure and a few months back the fund page was merged into the download page. Next month or so the link should be fixed (it’s already fixed in the test build I link below). I’m currently finishing up the final touches for the next website release which will contain a new features page as well as restructured notes, new home page and restructured community page among other UI changes.

You can preview the changes so far here: https://rpaladin.github.io/
PR: https://github.com/armory3d/armory_web/pull/23

4 Likes

the result looks damn serious :stuck_out_tongue: Hope to see some serious people doing some serious games on Armory

1 Like

2022.08 - July Release

https://armory3d.org/img/2022-08-a.gif

August is here with 7 new pull requests from the great contributors – great work!

New builds are out and can be downloaded on Itch

Get started using Armory3D today!

Learn more at the official Armory3D Wiki

Highlights

T3du added good bunch of useful nodes allowing for both camera viewport drawing and drawing shapes

Knowledgenude added a pulse node, good for controlling weapons fire rate and similar

Additions

#2521 - QuantumCoderQC added add parent relative bone constraint option
#2517 - Knowledgenude added introduce Pulse Node
#2499 - T3du added several Draw nodes: cameras, images, string, geometric figures, etc

Fixes

#2523 - MoritzBrueckner added deferred renderpath: fix volumetric light combined with translucent materials
#2514 - QuantumCoderQC added stop tweening when NavAgent is removed
#2513 - MoritzBrueckner added fix for RotationNode.set(): get rid of invalid input length check
#2509 - E2002e added firstPersonController.hx anti chess fool cheat.

Other changes

Iron: #166 - QuantumCoderQC added Parent relative bone constraint

Support the Armory3D fund!

Hello RPaladin,
thank you for the new build.
I’m not doing anything with Armory at the moment, but it’s nice that it’s still being maintained.

Is the live patch broken?

In the new build (ArmorySDK-2022-8) I always get this error message with the live patch activated.

Read prefs: E:\Blender-Armory\2.93\config\userpref.blend
Running Armory SDK from E:\Blender-Armory\armsdk/
drop file E:\Daten\Web\Armory\Orbit\orbiter-zoom-click.blend
Read blend: E:\Daten\Web\Armory\Orbit\orbiter-zoom-click.blend
Project updated to SDK v2022.8($Id: 64befe1a38bc79094f87f9f2b788677fc1e1a1d6 $)
Project cleaned
Armory v2022.8 ($Id: 64befe1a38bc79094f87f9f2b788677fc1e1a1d6 $)
Exporting Scene
Scene exported in 0.026s
..\..\..\..\..\..\Blender-Armory\armsdk\armory\Sources/armory/ui/Canvas.hx:3: characters 8-15 : Type not found : zui.Zui

Haxe compiler error.
Finished in 1.947s
ERROR: Build failed, check console

Testscene:
livepatch-failure.blend (1.1 MB)

Hi. There are currently three issues open relating to the live streaming feature.

If any of these opened issues have similar causes (of crashes), I’d suggest posting there so that the issue can hopefully get fixed faster. Otherwise, if they’re not already listed, please open a new report instead.

Many thanks for your answer!
I have open a new report.

Armory gives really satisfactory visuals . Nice lighting and shadows. Just annoying it can randomly crashes.