Arrays Sketching script (v0.6 alpha)

I checked the .blend file you sent me… when you append the default brush (both “A_SK_brush_default” and “A_SK_brush_default_a”) keep their names as they are, that’s the way the script identifies them.

I just appended those two objects and it worked fine.

Give me this scene. With corrected.

Eclectiel: All works. I understand. :slight_smile:
Another question. What is it?
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=3035

Eclectiel: All works. I understand. :slight_smile:

Good :slight_smile:

About that “animation” line I guess there are keyframes on that object.

This weekend I’ll record a lesson on your script. :slight_smile:

That will be fun… thanks :eyebrowlift:

Hi.
Preview lesson.
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=3075

Loving it so far :)… Everything in that T-Rex comes from arrays sketching? I can see the scales coming from arrays, but not sure about the teeth and pointy eyebrows.

That is a great way to show off this tool :wink:

nice work Dimetrii, cant wait for the tutorial to this awesome tool(thanks Eclectiel!!!)

The lesson here. :slight_smile:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=186196

Nice :)… I left a message on your thread.

Hi!
The script doesn’t work on 28571 rev. When it will be updated, or You wait for more stable release. Anyway, great work, thanks!

Hello! What are the rules on editing this script? If I wanted to make changes or use it for another script?

Austin

Austin,

the script is GPLed - so if you make changes you need to contribute them back and the changes must also be under the GPL, and code from the script can only be incorporated in other GPL licensed scripts. (Oversimplified description of the GPL but covers most use cases).

LetterRip

More defined Python API, some featurs from Farsthary available from the API, and some time and motivation.

Just wanted to notify that I added Dimetrii’s video tutorial at the first post and Vimeo page.

Now that the script is included in blender, does one still have to go thru the additional steps of registering the keys and manually appending the brushes? if so, where are they? I really want to play with this, but have had NO luck so far, with a fairly current SVN (29063). Guessing I need to go back to the ‘official’ alpha to use this for now?
Thanks tho, looks incredible!! Keep up the great work!!!

… sorry, figured it out. I see it’s the SURFACE sketching tool, NOT the array-sketching tool, which is currently included with Blender. Got the Array Sketch going in the official 2.5a2 download, but as stated previously, it doesn’t appear to function (yet) with SVN 29063. Any idea anyone what the last rev it DOES work with is?? I hate having to go back to the ‘official’ release, and already have 4 or 5 builds concurrently installed …

edit: found this out shortly after posting the above, but for some reason couldn’t access blenderartists for a little while … glad i back here to mention this before someone jumped on me :stuck_out_tongue:

what did you find out, and does it work on the most recent build? I’d like to look at it to see if I can use it for another script :slight_smile:

it’s not working in 2.54 beta :
looks like some api changed : says “Scene has no attribute Float Property”
line 30 in the arrayScetch.py