Art assets for one iPhone game project (Budget: $250 - $500)

I did some search for this kind of post, and found this is the place for it. (Let me know if I am wrong, thanks!)

We are making an iPhone game, and need help with our art assets:

• 3 modern soldier character models ( low polygon, around 2000 triangles for each );
  • 20 animations ( around 30-45 frames for each, 30FPS );
  • Props and environment arts asset;

Note:

• Those art assets need to be finished with Blender (http://www.blender.org).
  • All the models will be textured
  • Los Angeles area preferred but not limited.

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected], thanks!

Sincerely,
game4fans

Forget one thing:
The budget for it is $250 - $500.

We are making an iPhone game, and need help with our art assets:

• 3 modern soldier character models ( low polygon, around 2000 triangles for each );
  • 20 animations ( around 30-45 frames for each, 30FPS );
  • Props and environment arts asset;

Note:

• Those art assets need to be finished with Blender (http://www.blender.org).
  • All the models will be textured
  • Los Angeles area preferred but not limited.

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected], thanks!

Sincerely,
game4fans

Sounds interesting, Ive sent you an email of interest.

My only concern would be the amount of work for how much your aiming to pay?

I mean 3 characters, rigged and animated is probubly $500 work at least. But then youve added in props+environments. Thats one small line of text, but represents a serious amount of work on top of the characters.

Anyone else feel the same way?

120 to 150 per soldier (complete with animations) is a pretty average cost. Though, full-time environment modeling will push the price from 380 (450) up to 7 or 800. Make sure your fair and honest to any artist that wishes to involve themselves in your project.

peace,
-nick

Addition info:

• The 3 modern soldier characters will use the same model with difference in textures, and share the animation data too since they have the same skeleton.
  • There are not many environments art assets in the game.

Contact me at [email protected] to talk about the details if you are interested.

Sincerely!

$250-500 is an insultingly low-ball offer, IMHO YMMV

Lets say it takes 8 hours per character, 2 hours per animation, and another 8 hours for all the environment assets.
That’s 72 hours of work total. Divide the highest offer of $500 by 72 and the artist ends up making slightly less than US minimum wage for his effort, $6.95 per hour.

edit - oops, I see it’s 1 character model and 3 textures, so lets say 8 hours for the 1st model and 2 hours for each additional texture. That brings us to 60 hrs and $8.35/hr, slightly above US minimum wage. This isn’t a fair price at all for a CG freelancer.

Zardoz, keep in mind that most people asking for help with their iPhone game/Feature length film/mmmorpg don’t offer anything for pay.