Come work with me! The company I work for is looking to hire a Blenderhead. This is a full-time position located just north of Atlanta, Georgia, US (on-site only, no remote work). You’ll be working with our design team on what is, in my opinion, one of the most unique uses of Blender, 3D graphics, and animation that you’ll ever come across. You’ll be using your skills and talents on technology that no one else in the world can do.
A copy of the full job description is below, but you can also read it and apply from this direct link.
If you have any questions, message me directly (either here by PM or anywhere else you see me online) I’ll the best I can to answer.
I’m looking forward to working with you!
A dynamic culture, a team environment, exceptional people, best-in-class technology—all have contributed to the amazing success and vibrant growth at Crane Currency. One of the longest-standing companies within the banknote industry, we produce the substrate upon which all U.S. currency is printed, as well as paper, printing and security technology for more than 50 nations around the world. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to hiring and retaining the best in the industry. That’s why we offer outstanding rewards, including excellent incentives, superb resources and opportunity for growth and advancement. More than a company, we’re a community of professionals dedicated to excellence and passionate about what we do. Bring your best game, and we will provide you with the opportunity to thrive.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabling condition, protected veteran status, uniformed military service member, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Leadership is Currency at Crane
Do you want to be a key team player with the fastest growing currency supplier in the world? Crane Currency in Alpharetta, GA is looking for an Artist/Designer (Optically Variable Devices) to join our R&D Design team. Drawing from your creativity and “can-do” attitude, you will be designing engaging document security features for a company that prides itself on industry-leading technology. This position will combine our cutting edge technology with 3D computer graphics and unique CAD techniques. You will be creating dynamic designs that move… literally.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Produce designs that are both visually engaging and highly secure.
- Collaborate with a team of award-winning international designers and engravers.
- Create digital visualizations of designs and the processes used to manufacture those designs.
- Support Crane’s marketing and sales departments with example designs, illustrations, and animations for presentations, patents, and exhibitions.
- Document and develop design processes.
- Provide feedback on design processes to the Optical Design Team to further the development of the micro-optics technology.
- Perform quality inspections on prints made from drawings.
- Maintain up-to-date drawings and documentation.
- Use critical thinking and high attention to detail in troubleshooting product defects.
- Help develop the next generation of micro optic security features.
- Support lab/manufacturing in the implementation of continuous improvement projects, as needed.
- Gather data and measurements from existing drawings or physical samples and create reports.
EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field from a four-year college or university required.
- Requires 0-2 years relevant work experience.
- 3D computer graphics experience required.
- Please provide a link to your current portfolio or reel.
KNOWLEDGE & ASSOCIATED SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of design rules and their application in motion graphics.
- Experience with animation principles and techniques a plus.
- Experience working with both raster and vector graphics formats.
- Experience with Blender required.
- Ability to learn and work with new software.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Organized and has the ability to multi-task.
- Strong sense of accountability for results.
- Mathematical reasoning skills. Some algebra will be used on the job.
- Ability to work autonomously at times and be a self-starter.
- An appreciation for deadlines… and meeting them.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.