Ascent

The first nine songs from the soundtrack are here:

Playlist: http://youtu.be/jlE7HGnXMPI?list=PLNqrsRbaUl-Q_9CDdJ-fDlRQRuQJnFLqH

Available for free download soon. Few licensing things to do first.

The soundtrack is available for download here: http://www.ascentgame.org/download.html

I have been very quiet on here whilst working, and will still be quiet until I have game stuff to show. But I am drawing to an end of the asset creation stage, here is a slight glimpse of a test build featuring the five different power structures. (From left to right, top to bottom… Solar, Fusion, Reactor, Vacuum, Egf) all at structure level 1, except the vacuum which is level 3.
(An openGL render)

Edit: Oops I forgot to add the battery packs to this. You’ll see them later :stuck_out_tongue:

Devlog #4:

Skip to 7:30 if you wanna just see me build a space station :slight_smile:

Wow this game is looking Amazing! I remember seeing the 1st dev log waaaay back and it has come along greatly! I just subscribed to your youtube channel and i do love frequent updates so dont leave me hanging too long bro! keep up the great work!!! :slight_smile:

Cheers TonyPowell.

Just to keep everyone updated, I have changed my mind on multilayer. This game was planned to be strictly player vs AI.
However after looking at the games inspiration (Sid Meiers Railroads!) I have decided to do an implementation of multilayer in a similar style. This is going to add about four months to the dev process, and I am not making any promises.
I have spent a few hours tweaking existing programs to be compatible and I shouldn’t have any major issues.

It isn’t going to be anything fancy.

This is a very large + good looking project. How long have you been using BGE? how do you not lose motivation :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Thanks,
I remember making a small video game when I was thirteen for a school science project, that means seven years on and off expereince. The last two years I have really knuckled down and got some reading and knowledge behind how to make games.
As for motivation, I think this project caught a perfect storm. It started off with me being super inspired by the movie ‘Gravity’. (Which is always a recipe for short lived projects). But it later had others relying on and anticipating progress, people I knew and did not want to let down.

So if you want advice, be open about your project to the people around you. It is a lot easier to lose motivation and give up when the only person to disappoint is yourself.

I am still very keen to fly you up North and meet haha. I think last time I asked, you turned me down before I made an offer.

I guess getting distracted with other projects isn’t such a good idea, as I very rarely ever touch projects again after I leave them, especially a potentially large game (I think this might be the fate of my sci-fi 2D scroller).

Sorry about being blunt regarding the meeting, but I think that was around the time of mock/school exams, where the school does a brilliant job of over-hyping and stressing me out. The only problem apart from cost would be that I’m sort of tied down to my desktop PC, that and finding a convenient time of course.
Feel free to come down south, as I don’t deal too well with plane sickness :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding ascent, how is it doing commercially, you are planning on selling it?

Devlog #5. Really wanted to have more done for this, but hit a few snags. But I do have a few things done.

Devlog #6 This ones a bit more boring, but has a heap of changes/new things.

I have started a super casual live stream channel. Feel free to watch.

It has been a looooonngggg time.