Asian Cyberpunk (lighting training)

Hello,
just a little project I’ve done to training my lighting skills.
Most of asset are from me but make for other project and reused.
My goal was to practice composition and lighting for indoor environment (most of the time, I do very large outdoor environment).
Hope you like it.
Edit : I do a new version using feedback from SUSANA-ROMAN :

old version :

(I always try to improve my skills, so all feedback are welcome)

9 Likes

Nice work but it seems to me that there are too many points of light and somehow the attention is lost. Everything becomes important and I think it will gain more interest if the focus is on a single area.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback.
I’ve tried to keep maximum of diegetic light so I multiply light point to not have too dark zone, but I think you are right : the results Is a picture without real focus point. :S
I need to improve that (I don’t know if I will do a second version of this artwork but your feedback will help me for my futures work)

1 Like

I´m sure you will improve it the next time. Sometimes we need going out of our artwork or squinting to see the contrast, light and shadow, what it really matters in our composition.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

@bartv : Thank you!
@SUSANA-ROMAN : I do a new version with a few some change : A more important light at the central element to create a focus point, and decreasing light of screens because I think they were too eye-catching . Thank you again for your feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done! You got It. Have focus, interest and balance. Congratulations.

1 Like