Thanks for review!
In version 2.3 you can use some options for export:
- If You apply Location, Rotation and Scale you must create single user data for All Objects (U - Make Single User Data)
- If You DON’T apply Loc, Rot, Scale you CAN export with Instances
Problem in case Apply Transforms for Multi User Objects. You can select few Multi User Objects and try apply transform manually (Ctrl+A). Will be displayed error message about this
Asset Creation Toolset 2.4 features (23 Sep, 2018):
Improvements Rename Tools:
Add Prefix and Postfix together with one click
New option " Delete Blender Nums ". With this option Blender Nums (.001, .002, etc.) will be removed before adding prefix/postfix.
Added new tool " Numbering Objects "- Delete Blender Nums and Add your own numbering. This Tool has some options:
Method (Along X, Y, Z Axis and Simple) - It’s method of sorting numbers: Along Axis or without sorting (simple).
Format - Different formats for Numbering:
_1, _10, _100
_01, _10, _100
_001, _010, _100
Asset Creation Toolset 2.4.1 features (24 Sep, 2018):
- Add option for Numbering “Delete Previous Nums”
BLENDER 2.8 SUPPORT!!! (09 Jun, 2019):
Was removed some features:
Copy Texture Assignment - Not actual now for Blender 2.8.
Texture To Vertex Colors - This function use addon “Bake UV-Texture to Vertex Colors”. This addon not availible for Blender 2.8
Clear Custom Orientations - Not possible get list of custom orientations in Blender 2.8
Create Palette Texture works with Cycles only
Thank you very much for your super useful addon. A really admirable work.
I’m testing it in Blender 2.8 and when export to Unity the object appears there with a 180 degree rotation on the x-axis
I am using the Blender version of today June 20, and trying with Unity 5.6 and 2019.1.5 with the same issue.
Is it something I do wrong or is it an export bug?
Thank you very much!
Thanks for review and report issue.
Yes, It’s a bug. I will try fix it with next update.
I have bad news - “Export to FBX” still non stable for 2.8. Apply Rotation works incorrect.
Blender 2.8 still has bug with apply rotation for objects with Parent-Child Relations. I hope this will be fixed soon.
I noticed this indeed!
Question regarding SubstancePainter Exploding “Bake by meshname” usage;
- when I use the batch rename option using your script it renames it;
what Substance Painter requires is the numbering BEFORE the _high appendix. Is this possible currently ? i.e.
You can use follow steps:
- add postfix “_high” -> EXAMPLE_high.001_high
- use “Replace” for delete a specific string. For this “New Text:” field must be empty:
- Old Text: “high.”
- New Text: “”
It’s very easy for use!
Asset Creation Toolset 2.4.2 (Blender 2.8 only) (07Jul, 2019):
- [Fix] Export FBX’s: After export models has rotation -180 degrees
- [Fix] Create Palette Texture: not-Mesh objects is deselected after operation
- [Fix] Rename UV: Error if selected not-Mesh object(s)
- [Fix] Origin Rotation: Objects is deselected (exept active object) after operation
- [Fix] Origin Rotation: Parent-Children relations broken after operation
- [Improvement] Create Palette Texture: Object without materials exclude from operation
- [Improvement] Origin Rotation: Operation works for all selected objects. Previously operation works only for active object
Export FBX’s: Objects change position if parent-child relation has more two nesting levels
Origin Align: Child’s objects move if change their origin position
Origin Rotation: Negative direction for rotation
First of all thank you for the great add-on. One questions/requests regarding the add-on.
Would it be possible to add an option to remove all the materials from the object when exporting the fbx. Now i am using some materials in blender while modeling that i remove before the export. It would be really handy to be able to remove all the materials during the export process. For example “remove all materials” check box in the “export mode” menu?
Keep up the good work mate
Hey @mrven , great addon but I’m having an issue importing assets to unreal that were exported using your addon. They scale down about 100 times their original size and not sure if I’m missing a setting or it’s a bug? I’m using the 2.8 version
Thank you very much for your work!
Now works perfectly with Blender 2.8.
I really love it
Thanks for review! Added this to my task tracker
Thanks for review! I don’t use UE. I need research this. Added to my task tracker
Thanks for review!
Thanks , works fine
Thank you for the Addon , obj name => mesh name it’s absolutely kill feature !
i use it always for the export to marmoset for auto-group system