Asset Creation Toolset 2.5.0 [UPDATE 10 Sep, 2019][2.8 SUPPORT]

Hello Community!

addon absolutely free and available here

UPDATE 2.5.0

BLENDER 2.8 SUPPORT!!! (ChangeLog)

Asset Creation Toolset 2.4 features (23 Sep, 2018):

Improvements Rename Tools:

• Add Prefix and Postfix together with one click

• New option " Delete Blender Nums ". With this option Blender Nums (.001, .002, etc.) will be removed before adding prefix/postfix.

• Added new tool " Numbering Objects "- Delete Blender Nums and Add your own numbering. This Tool has some options:

• Method (Along X, Y, Z Axis and Simple) - It’s method of sorting numbers: Along Axis or without sorting (simple).

• Format - Different formats for Numbering:

• _1, _10, _100

• _01, _10, _100

• _001, _010, _100

UPDATE 2.3.1 HOTFIX!! (08 May, 2018):

Fix issue - Unit Scale Not return to previous value after FBX Export

UPDATE 2.3 features (19 Apr, 2018):

• FBX Export new features:

• Export FBXs with separate by parents

• Switch Applying Loc, Rot, Scale when Export

• Custom Name for FBX

• Custom Directory for Export

• Add Function “Clear All Custom Orientations

• Add Function “Copy Object Name to Mesh(Data-Block) Name

• Add Function “Clear All Vertex Colors

• UV Mover (UV Image Editor) - New Tool for easier Atlas Packing

• Small Bug Fixes and UI Improvements

Asset Creation Toolset 2.3 Features GIFS!!

UPDATE 2.2 (15 Nov, 2017)

Asset Creation Toolset 2.2 features:

• Origin Rotation (Object Mode) - Incremental rotation of Origin Point without rotation of Geometry

• Origin Align to Min/Max (Object Mode) - Align Origin to Min or Max Point of Object

• Align Geometry to Origin (Object Mode) - See Origin Align. But This function align Geometry to Origin. Origin’s World Position not changes.

• Rename UVs (Object Mode) - Set new UV name for selected objects (by UV Layer Index).

• UI Improvements

UPDATE 2.1!!!!!! Asset Creation Toolset 2.1 Features:
  • Import FBXs/OBJs (Object Mode) - Batch Import. You can import at the same time several FBX and OBJ files.
  • Clear Custom Split Normal Data (Object Mode) - Clear Custom Split Normal Data and set Autosmooth angle to 180 degrees for selected objects.
  • Flip/Calculate Normals (Object Mode) - Flip or Recalculate Normals (Outside/Inside) for Selected Objects. Very useful for imported Objects with Wrong Normals or Objects with Negative Scale.
  • Copy Texture Assignment (Object Mode) - Copy Texture Assignment in UV/Image Editor from Active to Selected Objects. With this Function you can Fast Assign Grid or Base Color Texture for Selected Objects.
  • Select Faces by Sides Number (Edit Mode) - Select Faces with Greater/Less/Equal Input Sides Number. Like 3Ds Max.
  • Many Bug Fixes

Addon “Asset Creation Toolset” includes follow functions:

• Export FBX to Unity - Export selected models to FBX’s (one model = one FBX) with correct Location, Rotation & Scale in Unity. With option “Selected in One FBX” all selected objects export in one component FBX. Near by .Blend file would be created folder “FBX’s” where export selected objects.
  • Origin Align - Align Origin point of selected objects to 3D Cursor for selected axis. If you need align to exact coordinate for axis you can use option “Align to Coordinate”. This function move only origin point, not geometry.
  • Set Origin to Selected (Edit Mode) - Set Origin to Selected Verts/Faces/Edges. In fact, it’s automation follow operations: 3D Cursor to Selected, Change Mode to “Object Mode”, Set Origin to 3D Cursor, Return to “Edit Mode”.
  • Rename objects - Add prefix/postfix, rename or find and replace chars for selected objects. Works with only object’s name.
  • Low Poly Art Toolset - Tools for prepare and optimize low poly art models. Includes follow functions:

• Create Palette Texture - Create Palette Texture (32x32px) for Selected Objects painted with colored materials. In one palette texture can be up to 256 colors (materials).

• Texture to Vertex Color - With this function you can bake created palette texture to vertex color. For using this function you need enable addon “Bake UV-Texture to Vertex Color”.

• Clear UV Maps - Just remove all UV Maps from selected objects.

4 Likes

Nice addon!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Very nice ! Thanks~

Thanks a lot and congrats!:o

Asset Creation Toolset 2.1 Features

Big Thanks !

I using" Asset Creation Toolset and Texel Density Checker" in my daily work.

Maybe we can choose the different location tool shelf or property shelf or custom category ?

I have too many addons in my blender! I hard to find the tool sometime !:stuck_out_tongue:

By the way

Is it possible to support U4 ?

May be we can have export preset? So we custom different location and FBX setting !

U4? Unreal Engine 4? Yes

Yes , unreal 4 !

I’m testing your addon to complete our pipeline on the studio and for now, is absolutly brilliant. I use the export to Unity tool. I’m searching for the same like your to add and complete the pipeline, the animation export on FBX. I test manually and goes great and clean using NLA and export settings, but I still have the rotation “problem” on the mesh. Are you thinking to update your addon with animation export? I have some proposals :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks @mrven!

Thanks. In the future I add more functions for Export

1 Like

very nice stuff, thanks for sharing. I have written some unity batch export scripts as well that packages objects by grouped names to fbx files. Some of your scripts will help to improve my scripts.

Hey, I love the export fbx script, thanks for sharing! Though it wouldn’t work for multi user data, so i tweaked the code to allow for it. I hope you don’t mind, here’s a github link https://github.com/JacRossiter/Jaks_Blender_Scripts/blob/master/Unity/Asset_Creation_Toolset_Jakro.py

This thing looks fantastic! I have no technical insight into this, so this is just a noncoding laymans question who is working with Unreal Engine 4 and Blender: Would it be possible to write an Addon that allows me to set up a complete scene in Blender using instances of objects and export the whole thing to UE4, so that it recognizes the custom world parameters (rotation, scale, transform) of each object (like in your Unity video) and also translates the fact, that multiple objects are merely an instance of the same static mesh object? It would be incredible to be able to design whole levels in Blender and just send them over to UE4! I would more than happily pay good money for an addon that allowed me to do that, it would be a great time saver.

Asset Creation Toolset 2.3 features:

@mrven
Thank you so much for sharing and all the work you put into it. It looks like a super useful addon. Really happy I found it!

This looks like a really useful tool. Going to give it a shot with my UE4 workflow :slight_smile:

@HeadClot @red2blue Thanks for your review!

Thanks for review!

In version 2.3 you can use some options for export:

• If You apply Location, Rotation and Scale you must create single user data for All Objects (U - Make Single User Data)
  • If You DON’T apply Loc, Rot, Scale you CAN export with Instances

Problem in case Apply Transforms for Multi User Objects. You can select few Multi User Objects and try apply transform manually (Ctrl+A). Will be displayed error message about this

1 Like

Asset Creation Toolset 2.4 features (23 Sep, 2018):

Improvements Rename Tools:

• Add Prefix and Postfix together with one click

• New option " Delete Blender Nums ". With this option Blender Nums (.001, .002, etc.) will be removed before adding prefix/postfix.

• Added new tool " Numbering Objects "- Delete Blender Nums and Add your own numbering. This Tool has some options:

• Method (Along X, Y, Z Axis and Simple) - It’s method of sorting numbers: Along Axis or without sorting (simple).

• Format - Different formats for Numbering: