Asset Creation Toolset 3.1.2 [UPDATE 26 Oct, 2020]

Been using ACT for a while now without any issues so first all thank you for this amazing time saving addon.

Sadly now with 2.92 I’ve run into the issue that the meshes are upside down in Unity when I export them with ACT. In Unity all the rotation values are 0 but they are definitely not the same orientation as I had them in Blender.

Any idea what might cause this?

1 Like

UPDATE Asset Creation Toolset 3.1.3 (Blender 2.90 and higher) (02 March, 2020):

• [Fix][Export] Incorrect Rotation in Blender 2.92
1 Like

Thanks for Report!
Solved!

1 Like

Oh wow awesome! Thank you!

Also sorry for reporting this bug after the fact but apparently the option to batch name mesh as object name doesn’t work since 2.91 according to a friend.

Love the look of this but when I install it I get the message when I try to activate it inside the plugins menu:

anyone know how I can fix this? It worked on one install but reset to this again after I closed Blender.

I got the latest version to show up but enabling it still throws this error message:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_3_290\origin_tools.py”, line 321, in poll
preferences = bpy.context.preferences.addons[package].preferences
KeyError: ‘bpy_prop_collection[key]: key “Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_3_290” not found’

Thank you

Thank you for this great handy tool you’ve made. I have been using it a lot recently .
I hit a problem on using this Creating Palette Texture Function in 2.92 environment .
It shows Error on half way of executing and it stopped working , not sure if any one has encounter this.
I can reproduce this Error with any scene every time.

here is the screen shot of error message ( this also shows up in Asset Creation Tool 3_1_3 version as will)

1 Like

Thanks for Report! I will check it

Asset Creation Toolset 3.1.4 (Blender 2.90 and higher) (30 March, 2021):

[Fix] Texture Palette Baking Error in Blender 2.92

Fixed. Please, download new version

1 Like

Hi mrven
I need your help .
ACT can’t export fbx in blender 2.93beta . When i click export ,it give me this error message

"Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\lijianjian01\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_4_290\import_export_tools.py”, line 19, in execute
is_blender_292_or_higher = float(bpy.app.version_string[:-2]) >= 2.92
ValueError: could not convert string to float: ‘2.93.0 Be’

1 Like

I will fix that soon

Asset Creation Toolset 3.1.4 (Blender 2.90 and higher) (1 June, 2021):

• [Fix] Blender 2.93 Support

• [Fix] Correct detection of Blender Version

2 Likes

FYI: When the Cycles Render Engine add-on is not enabled, activation of Asset Creation Toolset fails ungracefully with

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 382, in enable
    mod.register()
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_5_290\__init__.py", line 35, in register
    sys.modules[current_module_name].register()
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_5_290\material_tools.py", line 797, in register
    bpy.types.CYCLES_PT_context_material.prepend(Material_Menu_Panel)
AttributeError: 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'CYCLES_PT_context_material'

When disabling after Cycles had been disabled, it throws similarly:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 434, in disable
    mod.unregister()
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_5_290\__init__.py", line 41, in unregister
    sys.modules[current_module_name].unregister()
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_5_290\material_tools.py", line 802, in unregister
    bpy.types.CYCLES_PT_context_material.remove(Material_Menu_Panel)
AttributeError: 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'CYCLES_PT_context_material'

It then does not unregister cleanly.

1 Like

Thanks for Report!

nice addon,

Great addon.

Would be great to have extra control under Origin Tools to reset Orientation, position, scale of the mesh upon export as well. So that you dont have to do it manually.

1 Like

This is a badass addon.

Though, I would love to see batch import of other formats as well, like 3ds, DAE, maybe DXF and STL. Mostly 3ds. They have already updated 3ds importer for Blender 2.8+ but for whatever reason, it is still not shipped with Blender, so I let myself share the script here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PXHXHT5zbWCJl_X2-1Ne-IRVrDMUequ6

Hello!
Looks like a crazy good addon but I can’t get it working…
Everytime that I try to export (tried all the modes) my blender window freezes. Sometimes after some minutes of not responding exports a single empty .fbx and even trying that .fbx is freezeng unity :open_mouth:

Tried with blender 2.93.1 and 2.90.0
I’m doing something wrong? I’ve imported the addon from https://mrven.gumroad.com/l/hPXIh

1 Like

How come the origin align tool does not have CENTER option? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi
Very nice add-on!
However, the Create Pallet Texture button does not work :sob:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Asset_Creation_Toolset_3_1_5_290\material_tools.py”, line 60, in execute
bpy.context.screen.areas[ie_area].ui_type = ‘VIEW’
TypeError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: enum “VIEW” not found in (‘VIEW_3D’, ‘IMAGE_EDITOR’, ‘UV’, ‘CompositorNodeTree’, ‘TextureNodeTree’, ‘GeometryNodeTree’, ‘ShaderNodeTree’, ‘SEQUENCE_EDITOR’, ‘CLIP_EDITOR’, ‘DOPESHEET’, ‘TIMELINE’, ‘FCURVES’, ‘DRIVERS’, ‘NLA_EDITOR’, ‘TEXT_EDITOR’, ‘CONSOLE’, ‘INFO’, ‘OUTLINER’, ‘PROPERTIES’, ‘FILES’, ‘SPREADSHEET’, ‘PREFERENCES’)

2 Likes